Hog's Head

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Hog's Head

Post  Hecate3fold on Wed May 31, 2017 1:24 am

Good evening to all,

Sorry I didn't make it here last night, the party just got too wild!!!

Good to hear from you Magical Music Dreamer, yes, life has changes for us whether we want them or not. Try to find yourself some new interest. I know music is your life's passion but maybe you can apply it in some other way?? Have no idea how or what though.  The motto that I have used all of these years to help me keep getting through is......."Improvise, Adapt, and Overcome" I've applied it every time I hit a new limitation. I believe it's part of what the marines instill in their soldiers to live by. The one thing we can't do is let life get us feeling down.  Sending lots of positive energy your way to help you establish new avenues in life. Hugs to you dear friend.

Samtibbs, what you said about all of the poisonous critters out west makes me very glad that I live right where I do.. No poisonous snakes, very few spiders, nothing to be constantly on the alert for.

That was a great 'patriotic' blue cottage you found for the other day Always, and this last one with that beautiful garden out front will be a favorite of Maxecat's, I'm sure.....her kind of garden.

Hope you get things straightened out with your family Shrivelfig.  Your brochure does look nice in color.

I'm watching the Misfits, Gable and Monroe, haven't seen it in a long time. The last picture for both of them.

Blessings for the beginning of a wonderful new week!  Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Wed May 31, 2017 9:27 am

Good morning from the road.  Last morning, got to head home.  Fruit for breakfast, maybe a cookie too please, keeping it light.  We are having a lot of fun!  Mt. Rainier was gorgeous!  I couldn't fall asleep for long, kept waking up to look out the window at the mountain.  No internet up there, was kind of nice, and kind of frustrating.  Amazing how tied we are to our access to information and others through these units!

Mt. St. Helens was a no show.  Clouds didn't lift above 1,800 feet, and the observatory we went to was at 2,000.  There was another one further in, but it was so foggy, the main guide discouraged us from going - too dangerous.  Ok.  We will go another time.  Not sure how to do the URL, I'll see what I can do.

Shrivlefig that is a great looking brochure!  Nice job!  Glad BIL is back and on his meds.

Samtibbs yikes!  I wouldn't want to live like that!  We have spiders, but I've never had one in my shoe.  Glad you don't have to worry about that anymore!

MMD I am so frustrated for you.  This is not good.  Sending extra super duper healing thoughts your way.  Hugs.

Maxie, hope the crazies haven't driven you nuts, I know this would be a very busy time for you two - Memorial Day just means more sales, busy stores, messy areas, and employees calling out 'sick' because of someone's BBQ.  Take care.

Met up with Always for lunch yesterday!  And I must of been road numb, we forgot to take a picture!  We had Mexican food, it was good, nothing to write home about.  Definitely a nice visit & chance to see each other face to face.  The restaurant was next door to the motel, we went there & napped for a good hour before heading east.  Thank you for meeting up with us!

Gotta hop in the shower, breakfast before road.
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Wed May 31, 2017 9:38 am

Mountain cottage by Architectural Designs, Connecticut.

Good morning. Dobby, I'd like a couple of eggs and some toast, plus a tall coffee, please.

Shrivelfig... Nice job on the brochure!

Karentia... Fun time meeting up with you and Morgan yesterday! Sorry Mt St Helens hid out from you though. I'm going to do a day trip up there again one of these days, but not for a while. Clouds interfered when I went up last year, so I'll wait till a summery time comes around. Usually I hide in such weather, but cloudless skies are a definite benefit when wanting to view a mountain!

Here's to a healthy, healing, energizing day for all...
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Wed May 31, 2017 11:40 am

Just a short hello.
So glad Karentia and Always got together. I'm sure it was a great gab fest.
Hecate, planting your seeds today! Thank you. Some of my returning perennials are too big for their spot. Changes this Fall.

samtibbs, in Florida...shaking,upending all the time. Closet doors left open.

Your brochure is lovely, shrivelfig. A lot of thought went into it.

Magical Music Dreamer...I think we need a trip to Lourdes. I hate dragging through life. Are you studying Cherokee again.

Sorry for being dull. Having a bit of trouble. It'll be ok.
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer on Wed May 31, 2017 10:39 pm

Hi,
Nice brochure Shrievelfig.
Thanks for the encouragement. Hecate sounds good. Thanks for the good vibes too maxecat and Karentia.
Karentia, why do I frustrate you? I am quite a bit older than many of you. My harp weighs 85 pounds. Can't haul it around forever. I have performed for over 1000 jobs and taught 100 students.and Southern Calif is so crowded! Time to mellow out some.
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:27 am

Ok MMD, I will relax with you then.  Just being a witness, in our own way, into each other's lives, it has been frustrating to me to see each of us get older.  I still picture us all younger, and healthier.  I know I am stepping into​ a new chapter of my life, and one where I intend to be healthier.  I know how much work goes into taking one of your beautiful harps to a venue, and as an empathic person yourself, the energies around you, they can drain you.  Wasn't sure if you still had any students or not.  I will let my frustration go.

I am home, and frustrated for a different reason.  Upstairs gal is house sitting for her mother.  Sarah, the gal upstairs, has her sister housesitting for her.  The sister is a heavier smoker, heavier walker, and not very friendly.  She also can't park neatly in the spot next to mine, had to have Morgan get out before backing in.  My home smelled like cigarettes, bad.  I didn't know she was up there.  Why she isn't house sitting for mom, no idea.  Give me strength.  But I guess if I have to live with the bathroom fan on, so be it.  My vent sucks down scents from their bathroom, among other things.  Yuck.

But I switched days with someone, have to be up in a couple of hours!  Off to bed!
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold on Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:22 am

Good evening all,

That's a bummer Karentia.......Make the smell go away!!! Yuck is right!

Glad you got the seeds Maxecat, forgot I had sent them. I sent Maxecat a little package of redish daisy seeds that I got in my Disney movie club package this month. A special for the updated Bambi film that is coming out for the fiftieth anniversary. Hope they grow well for you.

I got some great news tonight from Rebekah. She emailed me saying she was sorry for not coming over or calling but she was on interviews. I think I told you that she registered with an employment agency in downtown Chicago and they told her that if she didn't hear from them in a week she wasn't accepted by them, or something to that affect. Well they called her the very next day and asked her to come in. I don't know if she went on other interviews from them but she was called back by one company three times. She said she spent the whole day there being tested yesterday and when she left they told her that she had the job!!! The name of the company is Open Advertising and as far as what they do or what she will be doing for them I don't know yet, will find out this weekend from her. So happy for her. That was her immediate goal for now, to get a fob, somewhere, and get money coming in, then finish up with the classes she is taking on line and the one that she has to take at a local college to finish getting her credits to graduate. Then think about further education from one of the Chicago colleges. She's on her way to where ever her life leads her. I'm so happy for her.

I'm watching one of my all time favorite movies.........Chocolat with Johnny Depp and Juleitte Binoche..................

Love the magical thyme that flows through it.

Blessings for magic for magic to manifest for us all! Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:40 am

Mountain cottage near Glacier National Park, Montana. Photo by Penny.

Good morning. Dobby, I'd love a waffle with blueberries and cream, plus a tall mug of coffee, please.

Congrats to Rebekah on her new job!

More and more this little poem seems appropriate for us all Laughing ...

There have been no dragons in my life.
Only small spiders, and stepping in gum…
I could have coped with dragons.
~ Niki Nymark

Here's to a healthy, healing, gum-free day for all...
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:53 am

Cute mountain cottage,Always. It would fit in the area Karentia was visiting. The photos she sent to FB from Mt. Saint Helen's were stunning.

Loved the little quote.

Great news from Rebekah, Hecate. Not sure if it was you or her who signed it, but the back of your envelope read "mailed by Rebekah".

Chocolate is a favorite film of mine,too. Beautifully filmed and the musical score!

Larry is off for a long weekend with some college buddies. Boys only.
I'm working but have lots of plans for serious cleaning. Now, to get in the mood.

I agree...healthy,healing,gum free days
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 on Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:34 pm

Afternoon all

MMD well said we are all getting older and each of us has to come to the reality we aren't kids any more, my husband can't understand why I am enjoying being retired so much but good grief I drove professionally for 30 plus years, and worked with special needs kids for another 10 like you I think I earned it! Now you just need to take care of you, get and stay healthy, and enjoy the fact you brought joy to so many and shared beauty with one and all, hugs dear!

Karentia send some of your Picts to Hecate so everyone can enjoy the beauty of your area, hope you can air out your home, hugs dear!

Hecate that is great news about Bekkah, never doubted she would get a job right off, hope it turns out to be fun and exciting as well as rewarding for her, give her a hug from me! Hope you are doing well, take care of your self, hugs dear!

Maxie enjoy your you time don't work too much and make sure you take care of you, hugs dear!

Shrivelfig the brochure is amazing well done, love all the color! Hugs dear!

Always nice you had a chance to meet up with Karentia, too bad you all missed the picture thing... love all the cottages, thank you hugs dear! The worst place I ever lived for unwanted critters was southern Idaho, found a scorpion and a black widow spider in the bottom of my my bed , never failed to check after that, still do even though there isn't much reason now, the city is far more forgiving now if I could just get Jessie's cat to quit leaving mousy presents sigh! Hugs!

Missy hope you are all well ,think of you often hugs dear!

Muggleborn hope all is well with you as well, hugs dear!

Weesa hello, hugs!

Dobby would love a grilled cheese along with some tomato soup, yumm, Alberforth a mug of mulled cider please perfect, thank you both!

Have a wonderful day all!
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold on Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:12 am

Good evening dear friends,

This has to be short tonight, I'm in so much pain that I can hardly breath. It's been progressively getting worse for the past three or four days, and I'm contemplating going to the hospital....but they can't do anything there that I can't do at home.....meds wise. Please if you have any extra energy send it my way, I'm so sick of living with this hurt. It's just a pinched nerve or muscle and will take time to heal, like it has in the past but it's to the point where it's unbearable now.

Thank you for any help.

Blessings for a sunny new pain free day! Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 on Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:42 am

Healing soothing energies headed your way Hecate hugs dear!p
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:38 am

Cheery cottage in Carmel, California. Photo by Linda Yvonne.

Good morning. Bringing a cheery and bright cottage for Hecate along with plenty of healing prayers and wellness wishes.

Here's to a healthy, healing, gentle day for all...
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:23 am

Sending extra healing thoughts, along with a visit from Poppy and Sev.  Hope they can help you, dear heart.
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:59 pm

Just received a note from Lois, Hecate is resting in the hospital. She did send the room number and phone # but did say she needs the rest.

I guess they will be running the usual tests. I've asked Lois to send whatever information she feels comfortable sharing.

If anyone wants the numbers let me know,but I'm hoping Hecate will be back in her castle before an owl could get there.

She's asked for our good energy.

Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer on Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:07 am

Sending Hecate best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:43 am

Fairy Cottage, Minnesota. Photo by the Emerald Otter.

Good morning. Continuing well wishes to Hecate.

Here's to a healthy, healing, good news filled kind of day for all...
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:25 pm

Hmmm thought I had posted a health update on Hecate.
Not much news. It seems she tweaked something in her hip a few days ago and it didn't work itself out. The pain began to spread and she did reach out for help, so it must have been very serious.

Lois says it was the right thing to do and she's receiving great care.

Doesn't it sound like a nerve being pinched?

I'm sure she'll appreciate the good energy being sent.

Lovely, hot, low humidity day. Planted spreading petunias for a couple of hours. Attempted to check off a few more items on the never ending to do list. Really thought I'd get more do. Either I'm running on a low battery or there was so much more than I realized.

Have Torchwood on in the background. ...and here is Peter Capaldi in a not terribly heroic role.
Doctor later on. ..if I can stay awake. Laughing

Oh...got my water bill....gardening almost doubled it! But, I wasn't able to get the small exercise pool I wanted, so I can handle a few inflated bills, if my plants can grow.

If I sit, I'll sleep, so hello and good by. Glad you had a enjoyable lunch visit with Karentia and Morgan, Always. Waves hello to Magical Music Dreamer. I had forgotten your performing harp was 85 pounds. That's a work out at any stage but it's understandable you don't want to drag it around in hot,humid, or rainy weather.
I'm not sure I've ever asked you if you compose your own pieces. Just for fun?
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  missypotter on Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:24 pm

Hello ladies! Wow so much going on here. I confess I have not had time to read up on all the posts, so if I miss something important please forgive me.

Hecate dear, healing prayers hoping you get back to your castle soon. The hospital is no fun. MMD you deserve to do whatever you want. I hope you are feeling better. Healing prayers for you as well. It is difficult as we all age. Different problems with each of us.

Always and Karentia, it is so nice you were able to have lunch together. It is fun to meet and put a face with the online personality. Karentia, it sounds like you had a fabulous trip down the mountains. My dermatologist is next to IKEA and I always think of you when I go there. Very Happy

Maxe, my water bill usually goes up in the summer time with all the watering. This year hubby has really gone to town with flower pots everywhere! He is also into woodland creatures all over the yard, well hidden in the flowers and shrubs. Sometimes I get a fright when I come upon one while dead heading flowers and pulling weeds. I will try to get some pictures to post here. He used to have a big hobby of the yard in the summer, but it stopped about 8 years ago when his health declined. This is the first year in so long we have flowers everywhere. flower Our weather has been ideal. We are between 65-75 with partly sunny days. The flowers seem to like it. My roses are amazing this year.

Well hubby had his surgery. He hates the hospital and came home after one night in the hospital. He had a drain coming out of his neck with a plastic bulb on the end. I had to drain it and chart how much fluid came out. He wouldn't wait until we hit the mark and Monday had them take it out. (Not a patient man Laughing ) He went back to work on Tuesday.. Rolling Eyes It was a long week. He is resting this weekend. We meet with the doctor on Wednesday to get results and the plan.

I definitely need to get my knee repaired. It will have to wait until hubby is all back together again.

Dobby some brownies and butter beer out by the lake, please.
missypotter
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:22 am

Hi Missy P!  Glad to hear your hubby had his surgery, but goodness, he doesn't make a patient patient!  I think of you too, when I think of IKEA!  They rebuilt it, so gorgeous!  I'm assuming the old property that is leveled will be rebuilt for parking.  I was amazed when I saw 2 levels, but we did not have time to go through the whole place.  Zip in ,pick up what I needed, and zip back to the freeway.  Hope you get your knee taken care of soon!

Today was just so fast - it was over as fast as it started.  Zippity do dah!  I took over twice the calls today that normally come in on a Saturday.  Breathe.

Healing thoughts for everyone.
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:32 am

The Garden Cottage B&B, Cedar City, Utah. Photo by TripAdvisor.

Good morning. Dobby, toast and coffee today, please.

Got my annual doctor's checkup done yesterday. It had been postponed since the doc was sick! Glad to get it out of the way for another year.

Personally, I'll just be glad when we're through hay fever peak time. It's been the worst in many a year so far for me. I even gave in and bought some actual meds to get me through when it's too intense. My doc says the over the counter stuff is fine, and the same as what used to be done via prescription. She also said this IS one of the worst years in a long while. I guess blooming conditions must be perfect! tongue

Here's to a healthy, healing, pleasant day for all...

Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Weesa on Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:23 pm

Chocolate for everyone! Indulge yourself it's been charmed by Dobby to refill as needed.
Weesa
Admin
Admin

http://weesa-asiseeit.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:43 pm

Yay! Chocolate, a true cure...thanks Weesa. It's nice seeing you here.

I hope the surgery really helps your husband, missypotter. It's hard watching someone forced away from the hobbies that enrich their lives. I'm hoping the woodland creatures admire our place from afar, this year.

And next,it's your turn to heal and renew. Gotta chase those grandkids around.

Am absolutely over the moon over Garden Cottage! My new holly are progressing nicely but there won't be flowers until next year. Same with the honeysuckle.  My roses have loved the overcast weather,too, missypotter but the past two days have been scorchers. I'm using the soaker hose early or late. The outside corner of the bed gets sun about  14 hours. Anyway, it's a thrill when stalks or leaves start popping up, or buds start forming.
I even have 1....count it...One sunflower, at least! Not sure it's in a spot easy to reach if you're a deer. Oh, I hope!

And there are pots ready for filling. Tomatoes and peppers, I think.We eat a lot of them.

Where's a mighty oak? I need to touch wood....allergies haven't been too bad. Central Kentucky has made allergists very wealthy.
Good luck to all with lungs and noses...and eyes and throats...

First of the month has meant huge business and a very messy store. Can't keep up Neutral  I believe every family at our end of town came in for stuff before heading to the lake. I imagine there'll be some tired, crispy kiddies tonight. Summer is definitely here.

In fact, it's hard to believe it'll be the Solstice soon! Didn't it used to take longer for the days to grow? Now,in a few weeks the Sun hours will count down again. Grabbing each day with both hands. sunny

Gotta go. Love to all.
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  MJS on Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:13 pm

Hello! Back from a whirlwind trip to MN and ND. Visited with as many people as I could in a week and saw most of the important people in my life. It was cooler and so green. It felt good. Spent time with my brother and my sister, and got in a quick visit with my cousin, niece, and an aunt.
Michelle was able to come with me on the trip to Bismarck to see my sister. I rented a Nissan Sentra from Hertz. FYI do not rent or buy Sentras. It was nice, and good in the city but once we hit the highway there was a terribly loud wind tunnel whistle. Michelle looked it up on the internet and apparently it is a common problem with that car. By the time we got to Bismarck we had such headaches I called Hertz and we traded it for another vehicle, an Altima this time. No whistling wind tunnel and a very nice car to drive.
Stopped by the cemetery in Detroit Lakes and placed flowers for my grandparents and mom. I had planned to scrub the markers and clean them up, but as we pulled into the cemetery the light rain turned to heavy rain. So it was a quick stop. My sister said she is going to visit family in the area this summer and she will go to clean the stones. It is nice she visits the area several times a year and can keep on top of it.
I got home yesterday and landed to sunny skies and triple digit heat. Bob was good about watering so most of the plants are doing fine in the heat. I think we may lose one rose bush. It looks like the heat is doing a number on it. I'm going to move it to a shadier area and see if I can salvage it.
Samtibbs and Always I have seen a few little spiders of the non-threatening kind. Far fewer than we saw in MN. No snakes or scorpions so far. Bob is afraid as the desert in back of us is torn out and flattened out for new houses we are going to see snakes move into our yard. I'm going to look into snake avoidance training for the dogs and they do have a snake vaccine. As we haven't seen any at all so far I have put off getting the vaccine. It is expensive and requires boosters. If our neighbors start seeing snakes I'll take them in for the shots. The only reptile critters I have seen are geckos sunning themselves on the wall. I don't mind them, as long as they stay there! The biggest bug problem we have had so far are flies. Now that the house has been mostly closed up and the AC on we haven't had many of them come in. That will change once we can open up the house again.
I hope this finds you all feeling better and enjoying life. I'll try and stop by later.

MJS
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:06 pm

MJS, one of my favorite former employees said her momma ( an elderly farm lady) used to keep a plastic bag with a penny in it hanging by her most used door. Never had flies. Always meant to try it.
Sounds crazy but some of those old timey things seem to work.

I watched your travels on FB. Looks like you enjoyed some fun restaurants and cafes'
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum