Hog's Head

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Hog's Head

Post  Maxecat on Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:40 pm

Trying to catch up.

What a shame about the bowling alley, samtibbs. I hope you can find another,but it will seem strange. My dad bowled at the same little lanes for decades even though fancier ones opened closer to home.
He even tried teaching me but there wasn't a ball light enough for me to control.
Jesse has had so much fun, I hope she can continue. Have her team mates become friends over the years?

I hope you're continuing to improve, Hecate.

And, Magical Music Dreamer, too. Is it still terribly hot in your area?

Our ac had multiple issues...most are handled but it won't be until next week the fan is fixed. The humidity is the killer,here. But, it's certainly not wicked hot. Not like 95°+....

I'm swamped at work...two stores are replacing managers and the regional manager wants the stores in near perfect conditions. As if....anyway, I'm putting in a lot of hours. Even have seen some good results for a day. Laughing

Finally got to watch Beauty and the Beast. Very nicely done. It's always been one of my favorite stories and now there are two ways to enjoy it.
I'm glad I waited to watch at home. I always cry at the end of the animated version and this was no exception.

No work tonight. Attending a wedding. Outdoors, so I hope the rain holds off.

Here's another hope you're having fun weekends. The holiday weekend doesn't change our lives much...first of the month means heavy shopping. And then, after the Fourth?....Somehow, people consider Summer over. What??????
Yes, school starts in 5 weeks but, until then....

Thanks for the nice support regarding the surgery. The laser procedures have made such a difference. I'm having mono vision done,the way my contacts corrected one eye for distance, the other for close work, so maybe no readers needed. We'll see . I won't be working for several days post surgery, but I'm curious about how to wash my hair if I need to protect the eye from soap and water.. Suggestions?
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:28 am

Thatched Cottage, Runswick Bay, North Yorkshire, UK. Photo by Robin Denton.

Good morning. Heading to the buffet for a picnic style breakfast to take out on the holiday charmed deck.

Mixed feelings on last night's season finale for "Doctor Who". Peter Capaldi was as brilliant as ever, but the script just wasn't there for him, except for isolated moments here and there. Last week's part one was terrific, but part two was, well, let's just call it a let down. I will say I'm looking forward to the multi-Doctor episode at Christmas. Not really spoiling anything since the publicity photo is everywhere, but it'll be fun to see the First Doctor interacting with the Twelfth. David Bradley (known to HP fans as Filch) will play the First. He also played William Hartnell in "Adventures in Space and Time" in which he also played Hartnell playing the First Doctor, and imo is ideal casting for the part.

Here's to a healthy, healing, enjoyably festive day...

(photo Kingsport Times News)
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:02 am

Getting ready to watch it now. Hate that PC is such a dynamic actor and hasn't had the best material. David Bradley is fantastic as Hartnell and I'm reluctantly looking ahead to the Christmas special. Then what,another year until the next series begins?
I do hope there 's no identification of the next doctor until then.

That's a pretty cottage. My brother discovered last year in Ireland a family link to Yorkshire. I guess those old names find their way home eventually.I

House chores before work this afternoon. Drat. What a way to spend a sunny day. There is some air conditioning at work,so, a win.

Neighborhood fireworks started last night. Sigh. Where we are, we hear the noise from miles away. I feel badly for the pets.

Sobbing update....ok, I watched it......and will go to work with red eyes.
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold on Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:01 pm

Good afternoon to all,

What a 'cooling' picture of the lemonade and cake on the table. That bowl behind it sort of looks like potato salad but I'm hoping that it is really, I can't remember the name, the salad made with fruit cocktail, coconut, marshy-mellows, and sour cream. I'll have a big bowl of that served over some buttered waffles. Mmmm, delicious! Oh, and a big glass of that lemonade too.

I watched Dr. Who all day long yesterday and saw the episode that I missed on how they got rid of those 'monky' things, but just after the new final episode started......Lois called, and my attention was totally distracted. I know that they showed it again a 3:00 am, but I forgot about it...was watching something else, don't remember what though. Didn't know there was going to be a Christmas special, that's great! I remember seeing Filtch as the commander of some spaceship.

I just got off the phone with Rebekah and she will be here later this evening. I really need her help because I've screwed up my picture files. Somehow while I was asleep with my finger on the mouse I duplicated my picture files, twice, I think. so now when I want to post a picture, I can't see the actual picture, just the name I've given them in the file. I'm hoping she can get it all straightened out for me because I don't want to delete the wrong thing!!!

Blessings for a bright sunny day for all! Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold on Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:48 am

Good evening everyone,

My, it's been a quiet day around here.  I'm hoping that's because everyone is out having a great time and enjoying the holiday weekend.

Now that my picture file is fixed, or at least it's in better working order than it was, Rebekah still has to do some tweeking on it for me, I'll be able to post some of the vintage postcards, and maybe a few things to nibble on.  What I'd like right now is a bbq'd  shredded beef sandwich some potato chips and lots and lots of cold watermelon. YUM!

Dobby, you've done a wonderful job helping Always get the weekend started. Would you please add the bbq and watermelon to the table.

He also found some deviled eggs and some sweet things too, cuppy cakes and some cookies too.......................

Oh look!  Winky just finished making a cake!!!

Blessings for a happy sunny fun filled day!  Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  shrivelfig on Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:45 am

Always, that's a shame about Photobucket. I have an account but never really used it.

I never cared much for July 4th except for family getting together when I spent my summers with my grandparents and the food. Love bbq. Fireworks hurt my ears and all the people can increase my anxiety. When I was very little, my parents took me to the fireworks along the levee but I just cried the whole time so they had to take me home. After that, my sister would stay home and babysit me so my parents could go out and enjoy the fireworks. She never really cared for fireworks either. My mom's dogs don't like the fireworks very much but ours are ok with them. My last dog hated them. We think it's because he was shot at when living on the streets. He was a rescue and during an x-ray, they found some kind of pellet by his spine!  Sad  I can't imagine anyone shooting at him. He was the sweetest dog. Did a DNA test on him and they couldn't determine much except he had some Spaniel in him.

I think we all could use a healing potion

My BIL is doing a little better but is still rapid-cyling. Makes my sister feel better when I tell her that so she knows that she's not the only one that thinks that and maybe she's imagining it. He gets very child-like, only thinking about himself. He's been helping out a friend with a cell phone and is in the process of selling him mom's old computer. It's very stressful on my sister because he's often out for hours during the day and/or at night and doesn't get home till the wee hours of the morning like 3-5 AM which it turn makes it stressful on me and raises my anxiety level. Been having insomnia again because of it and now my sleep schedule is getting reverses where I sleep during the day and am awake at night.  Sleep She hasn't had time yet to talk to his aunt about what to do when he gets like this.

My meeting went well. We met at Starbucks and got something to eat and drink. I really don't drink coffee but they have enough other things that I can find something to drink. We tried to set up a twitter account for the autism group only to discover that their was already a twitter account set up!  Shocked LOL It said it was founded in 2010 and had only one tweet. Beryl, the president, thinks she set up but no one ever did anything with it. So now I'm in charge of a twitter account too. LOL I created a header photo using a photo of the skyline of downtown and our loge as the little, round profile photo. Twitter kept making my header photo bigger then it should be so I did a search and found a page that explained what twitter was doing so I could make the photos work.  cheers

We know it's summer down here now because your glasses/sunglasses fog up when you go outside. LOL
shrivelfig

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:55 am

Go Fourth Festival vendor area

Good morning. The buffet looks great and Hecate's concept of a bbq beef sandwich with a couple of deviled eggs and a side of watermelon sounds like the ideal breakfast for an Independence Day weekend.

Went down to our central park which surrounds Lake Sacajawea where the annual Go Fourth celebration is going on (runs over three days, finishing off with a morning parade and evening fireworks on the 4th. The vendor area was huge and I only got through about half of it before breaking for lunch. Lunch selections were excellent from fundraising booths for local organizations rather than from commercial vendors, and I ate mine (nachos topped with salsa, Hawaiian style Kalua pork, and a blob of sour cream) at a tree-shaded table overlooking the lake and the live musical entertainment. It made a very enjoyable time until it got too warm for me (not hot, but uncomfortable) and I headed home.

Here's to a healthy, healing, enjoyable day for all...

Stars and Stripes Picnic Party. Photo by Lowes.
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:42 pm

Yum...picnic food and silent fireworks!
I love the light shows, but I'm not fond of the noise either. In fact , I'm not sure I know anyone who does.

A picnic buffet is perfect. I love hand foods and small bites. There's a restaurant in Lexington which garnishes it's deviled eggs with candied bacon. Oh,boy!

Congratulations on heading up the Twitter account, shrivelfig. I know you'll concentrate on making it grow and find other voices in your community. Starbucks is a different world for me. I don't drink coffee and if I did...all those weird combinations. ..half soy,decaf,triple shots? I'd be embarrassed to try ordering Laughing

Have some good news and slightly disappointing news. In two weeks Larry will be given a temporary position as a District Manager in our district. It's temporary by procedure but expected to be permanent unless he messes up or is moved to another area. He's been looking forward to this for a long time.
Unfortunately, I won't be able to work anymore. I might get some work away from home but the areas are not very appealing.
Never expected to be disappointed at not working any longer. Hoping to return to working on myself and the house. But if Larry remains in this district we won't have to move. Anyway, we heard it might happen a few weeks ago and now,it's real.
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:34 am

4th of July Front Porch, Nashville, Tennessee. By Dave and Mary/HoosierHomemade

Good morning and a Happy Fourth of July! Off to the buffet to see what looks tempting today. I think a waffle topped with blueberries, strawberries, and whipped cream is my choice, along with a tall iced vanilla coffee.

Maxe... Well, congrats to Larry cheers but tongue that you can't continue working (unless you find a shift in direction perhaps?). Hope all works out well for you both.

Here's to a healthy, healing, fun, sparkling day for all...
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:43 am

Morning all

Happy 4th everyone hope your day is wonderful!

Always I'll join you at the buffet, think I'll have some blueberry pancakes topped with fresh strawberries and of course the whipped cream yummm! Alberforth a mug of your house blend please,perfect!

Hecate I know you mentioned that you use a lot of pillows all the time but this last winter when I was sick with the cold from h--l I found that just tweeking the position of the pillows I had made it possible to stay in my chair a bit more comfortable, just wish you could find relief and not have to deal with all that pain, hugs dear! Love all the Picts bless Bekkah for fixing it for you give her a hug from me!

Maxie congrats to Larry hope it turns out to be just what he wants, and that you find what you want be it volunteer, crafty or whatever, hugs dear! Delighted to see the one sunflower along with your other pretties, hugs dear!

Shrivelfig just what you need more to do, but I know you will do great! Wish your bil would settle down, hopefully that calms soon for the sake of your whole family, hugs dear!

Karentia the pict of your lilies on fb looks like they have found there perfect home,hope all is going well with you, hugs dear!

MMD hope you are staying cool and not too many in the neighborhood are setting off loud fireworks, think of you often, hugs dear!

MJS happy 4th in your new home the pups look so cute in their summer dos, sorry to hear about your flowers and such maybe once your fruit trees get bigger they will shade the area a bit and you can bring in other plants there are things like yucca and such that love the sun don't have thorns and bloom pretty, who knows you are creative so I know you will work on it till it is perfect, hugs dear!

Missy thinking of you no yours hugs and healing prayers, you are missed!

Weesa keep us informed as to what the drs say about your eyes, hugs dear stay cool!

Muggleborn thinking about you hope you and the boys are doing well, hugs dear!

About the bowling alley, there are other lanes she can bowl at and will, but I would really like to see is her couch moving to one of them so we could go with her, she has had several offers but Gwen is a person who is so involved with her kids that loosing the alley was like a slap in the face and she is having a hard time deciding, time will tell!

Again happy 4th hope everyone has a wonderful festive day, hugs to one and all!
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Weesa on Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:00 pm

Still having trouble with my vision, have to wait a couple more weeks til my appointment. I think it's as he predicted last year that my vision would change and I would need an update of my glasses prescription level. Didn't need one last year but with my diabetes and who knows what other issues it's probably what I need.

Now on to site business. I can longer wait on Skyfire to reply with a decision. The host is making wonderful new updates to their service and I am simply unable to take advantage them to make our home here as safe and user friendly as it can be. With that in mind I will be creating a new home for us once my eyes are in working order. I have to wait for that because it took me about a month to perfect the format and coding here. Once I have it up and ready we can migrate there and have no further issues with accessing the necessary permissions for security/updates etc. that we don't have now. I'll keep you posted on the progress, and once it's time for the move I'll make sure everyone is able to sign up and post as quickly/painlessly as possible. I'll be transferring all custom titles as you sign up so those won't have to be earned all over again.

Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday!

Weesa
Admin
Admin

http://weesa-asiseeit.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  missypotter on Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:38 pm

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY EVERYONE!!

I thought I would offer cake and a flag for the celebration.

I hope these pictures work. It was so easy the first time.

Weesa, I am so happy to hear you are taking over our site. I still get all kinds of warnings and red flags when I log in here. It makes me so nervous and I will be happy when you can take care of security. I am sorry you are having trouble with your eyes. I still have large floaters in one eye and now apparently an eye infection in the other. I miss my clear eyes.

Congratulations Maxe on Larry's promotion. I am so happy they are recognizing all of his hard work and great leadership. It is sad it costs you your job. Perhaps you will find something else you enjoy.

Well our weather is perfect. We had a quiet day today but tonight has already started with large booms and crashes. Hubby has his surgery on Thursday so he just wanted a quiet calm day with lots of naps and watching NCIS. I just finished watching Yankee Doodle Dandy. What a great movie. That was the song hubby sang to Brian when he was born. Unfortunately the birthday boy is across the mountains at the in-laws for the holiday, again. I know it is way more fun with all her siblings and the farm with horses to ride and cousins and fireworks, but I do miss him. My daughters birthday is July 1 so we will have a joint party for them next weekend when she is in town to help with hubby and his surgery.

Thanks for all the support. It will be a busy month. MMD I hope you are feeling better and Hecate and Weesa. Karentia, it sounds like life as usual for you. Try to get a bit of rest. Samtibbs I am sorry for the coach. Hopefully something can be worked out.

Dobby I will have some cake and butter beer out by the lake. I see Fred and George are setting up a good display of fireworks for the visitors.
missypotter
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold on Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:21 am

Good evening to all

Good to hear from you MissyPotter, It has been a strenuous month for you, here's hoping that the one coming up, with your surgery will be more calm for you, especially since you will get to see the kids soon too. Best to take life one day at a time, that's all I can do at this point. Hugs to you.

Good to hear from you too Weesa! That's great that you will be able to do something better with the site. and hopefully soon you will have some new glasses to see the world through and be able to see all with crystal clear vision.

Mixed emotions Maxecat, Great for Larry, but leaves you in the lurch. I can still see you working at a bakery someplace close by, maybe now's the time for it. Loved the picture with the one sunflower.....almost like it is hiding next to the house and trying not to be seen.

Yes, Samtibbs, I'm constantly adjusting pillows to make them more comfortable, that's all I can do.

Last night was the city fireworks and also lots from around the neighborhood, but that was nothing compared to what started around six this evening......mind you, they are still popping off at eleven, but the noise was like I was sitting in the stadium and listening to the explosions go off right next to me...that went on for close to three hours! Unbelievable!!!

Checked to see if Face Off was on but there was a Twilight Zone marathon on the syfy channel....bummer! Oh well, next week

Here are a few more pictures................................Enjoy!........................

Blessings for the Grand Ol' flag! Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:31 am

Hi, it's just getting dark here, at 10:00.  It will still be a half an hour before any official fireworks go off.  But all the neighborhoods are blowing up stuff.  The firetruck took off about half an hour ago, not back yet, somebody probably set grass on fire.  Been very dry after being so wet this winter.

I'm just not a very social person these days, around the holidays seems to draw me in.  I'm enjoying my cave time.  Was able to swim this morning, grocery shopping was a bit overwhelming due to a sudden influx of people.  But a good nap, and then Beauty and the Beast, and crushing berries to freeze, it's been a good day.  I've got a good stockpile of Loganberies now!

Weesa, we move forward, that is the important part.  We are all good friends here.  It's been a good run here, I'm sure we will continue wherever our new home is.  Sending continued healing thoughts for your eyes & other health issues.  Hugs doll.

Maxie, that is a win lose situation.  Yes, it is excellent news for Larry, but putting you out of work sucks.  Chance to concentrate on your health?  Bonus.  I know I need that, and am working on it.  Do you think you might make more lap quilts?   I have a project I'm working on, not sure if I said anything yet, making hot pads, to add to my stuff to sell.  I have all the supplies, nice to shop my craft room.  Hope this means you get to be back in the pool!  I know you enjoy it as much as I do.

Samtibbs, hope the coach moves to a good lane that Jessie can follow to.  That is sad and frustrating to lose a familiar business.  All the old bowling lanes are gone that I grew up with.  We still have one in Mt Vernon.  Hope you get some cooler weather soon.

Missy P, how soon are you getting your knee taken care of?  Glad the kids will be there next weekend.  Frustrating to not have him here for his birthday, but at least he will be there soon.  Hugs.  Oh, my friend has been looking to do an icebox cake soon, was thinking of you.

Hecate I do something similar with my bed, I have a pile I make my burrow in, fluff it all up regularly, including my down quilt bringing it all together.  You make your thrown as comfy as possible.  Hugs and continued healing thoughts.

Always, thanks for the fun pictures.  Have fun with all the festivities in your area!  Should be loads of parades and such.
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:29 am

Good morning. Dobby, I'll just have a Hagrid-sized goblet of crystal water, please. Did too much at the Go Fourth festival... too much sun, too much walking... and was feeling quite ill last night, still lingering today. Will be taking it as easy as possible today and drinking lots of water. Right now just feel like going back to bed!

Weesa... I echo the others in saying how appreciative we all are of your efforts!

Here's to a healthy, healing, wellness-filled day for all...
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold on Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:03 pm

Good evening all,

Sorry I didn't make it here again, just been so tired.  Today was the warmest it has been in a while so after the food came this morning and I made some phone calls that had to me made I went back to sleep and slept till almost six this evening.  Now I've put the AC on to cool the house down for the night and it shouldn't be too bad in here for the rest of the evening.

I see Darth Vader, and Captain Jack made it to the 4th of July parade  by you Always.  Too bad it took so much out of you, bummer when you are having fun.  Rest up and feel better.

I would die for some you your loganberry jam Karentia.  That is what you sent me when I ordered some from you many years ago, plain loganberry.  I have never tasted anything like it before, such an unusual taste....it can't be described.  I'm hoping that someday soon I will be able to order some again.  Please let me know when you do make a batch of the plain loganberry again.  I want to be on the list for a small one, maybe two, one to share with Lois and Rebekah.

Been watching Mountain Men all day.......makes me think of when I was young and the way we lived, although we still had access to town three miles away when we needed anything.  Life was good then. Miss those times.

Samtibbs, keep us updated with what is happening on a new place for Jessie to bowl.  How is she taking the news?  Disappointed or taking in in stride?  She's getting so big and grown, lovely young lady.

Maxecat, have you been tackling any craft work now that you are a lady of leisure, or have you been checking on places to work?  Would love to see you get a job in a place that sells crafts then maybe you could conduct some classes in how to make some of them.  Keep us informed as to what your looking for and what you find available.  Miss you when you're not here.

Weesa, I think I've said it before, but just let us know when you have everything ready for us in a new place, but take all the time you need, the important thing is to take care of YOU first. How you get those new glasses soon with some updated fashionable new frames to go with them. Keep us posted when you can. Did you ever get the pool fixed?? Hope so.

MissyPotter, when is your surgery scheduled, so we can be there for you.

Magical Music Dreamer, how are you holding up with the heat.  Stay inside and rest if you have to.

Well back to the mountain men.....at least it's winter in the episodes they are showing and it takes my mind off of all the heat.

Blessings for cooling days and soft breezes!  Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:32 am

Lakeside Cottage, Port Jervis, New York. Photo by Arrange Your Vacation.

Good morning. Dobby, bring on a mug of iced tea, a couple of strips of bacon, and some toast with apple butter, please. I'm heading out to the deck to enjoy the morning breezes off the magical lake.

Here's to a healthy, healing, wellness-filled day for all...
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer on Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:53 pm

Thanks Weesa for your work keeping this site going.
It is supposed to be 102 F today. Seems too early in Summer for this ! Yuck ! : Embarassed
Hope you are feeling better Always. Need to take it easier in the heat !
The 4th of July was really noisy here. Started a few nights before and heard some still last night.
Good new about Larry's promotion maxecat. Hope they keep you too !
I am very sad about my favorite basketball team. Chris Paul and others are leaving. It won't be the same !!
Hope you are all well and happy. Sorry I don't have the energy to greet everyone. Have a good weekend !
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  muggleborn on Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:53 pm

Happy belated 4th to everyone! We didn't really do anything special. Neighbors shooting off fireworks, which is fine, love to watch it from my air conditioned window. However when I hear the bits and pieces hitting my roof, I had to go out on my deck and crank down my umbrella. Giving the offending neighbor the evil eye seemed to have worked, they stopped shooting them off. I won't even get into how much they scared my raccoons!

Congrats to Larry! I hope everything works out for you both. Didn't you say that you used to teach a zumba class, Maxe? Maybe you could do that again.

Hecate, I'm sorry you are in so much pain. They did legalize medical cannabis in IL, just putting that out there. Maybe it would help?

Thank you Weesa for all the work you do to keep our HP family together. I hope you get your eye situation fixed soon. The thing that always bothered me about this site is everything that is posted is out there for anyone to see. Wish there was a way to make our chat room a little more private?

Missy P, I hope your hubby's surgery went well.

Kids are doing ok considering. I am holding up as well. I've been having horrible sporadic stomach pains, so I went to a new GI doc. He did blood work and ordered an ultrasound to check my gallbladder, liver and pancreas. All they would tell me at the imaging place is I don't have gallstones. Great. They said I had to talk to my doctor for any other questions. That was Monday. I haven't heard from him yet, so no news is good news? I'll call on Monday.

It's hot. I really don't like the high heat of summer. It's exhausting. Thank God for a/c!

Jesse's bday is in a couple of weeks! He will be 17!!! I can't believe how time flies by. I still have to bribe him with ice cream to get him to have his vegetables.

Much love to all of you! Stay cool, rest when you can, be healthy!

muggleborn
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:37 am

Kinda blah days, overcast but warm.  And wierd that there was a breeze all day, a warm one.  Keep hoping for an overnight rain, but dry so far.  We almost always get rain on the 4th, really unusual we didn't.

Muggleborn, glad to hear the neighbors shut down after seeing your umbrella come down - they probably didn't think about the debris, and possible fires.  We were lucky, no major fires, just a few little ones.

I found a village for us to consider!  It is on the Isle of Skye, in Scotland!   Very Happy  Shocked  only 2.2 million dollars!  Lol  lol!. There is a main house, a barn, and 4-5 other homes in the little community.  All stone on the outside, to withstand the weather.  Cute, but not very realistic at all.   thumbs up  Laughing

Sorry to hear your team is breaking up, MMD, that is not fun.  I'm not a huge Seahawks fan, but I got it when one of our best decided to retire - and I hear he is now signed with a California team, after a one year retirement.  Anyway, still very sad to lose teammates who work well together.  Maybe this next term with gel better?  Stay cool!
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:00 am

MacGregor Cottage, Isle Of Skye, Scotland. Photo by Unique Cottages.

Good morning. Dobby, I'd like a softboiled egg with slice avocado, and a tall glass of iced tea, please.

Karentia... an island village sounds charming, if indeed rather impractical Laughing

Not quite back up to normal, but doing better. Have been trying to do indoor, non-labor intensive things, like a couple of letters, etc., plus managed to get the guardianship renewal (for my brother John) paperwork completed and mailed in. Court date is in August. Last time they just accepted the paperwork and I didn't even have to call in. We'll see how it goes. Have copies to mail today to two other parties outside of the court then it's out of my hands till court day.

Here's to a healing, healthy, comfortably cool kind of day for all...
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:51 pm

Love Always' profile photo.

And I love our new "village ", Karentia.  Plenty of room to roam around.

Magical Music Dreamer,  there are so many Kentucky players in the NBA now ,we tend to catch a games during the season just to keep up. It's hard to become  invested in a professional team when you know the best players will be in high demand.

It's official about the promotion.  My last day in this district will be Friday but I'll be moved to another one next week. If I work 4-6 hours a month, I can stay in the system. That way if,in a few month,  if things aren't working out for Larry, we can both return.
Larry's former boss has that area now. It's a mess and he wants me to help straighten the apparel. I dread it. Delivery men have reported seeing rats in the back storage rooms in some of those stores. What a Face
We'll see. I want to work on the house. And I hate thinking of how  my old store will look without me working it. No longer my problem, though.Crying or Very sad  Happy for Larry.

Muggleborn, it doesn't seem possible your little boys are truly young men now. And samtibbs' Jessie is almost ready for college.
And we haven't changed a bit.Laughing

Almost had a half dozen small variety sunflowers. They were left alone until Thursday night. Just starting  to develop a head and the deer couldn't stand it. Nibbled  them right to the velvety stalks. Next year the motion activated light...definitely.

Waves hello to all,especially Weesa. Thanks  for  keeping us informed. Have so chores before work.  Enjoy this  lovely day in our village.
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:42 pm

She has a fluffy bed and all the rooms in the house....but it's been the shoe box for months.
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:21 am

Maxie, she is adorable, and it makes her happy.

Congrats to Larry, yikes for you and rat heaven?  Yuck.  Can you suggest rat traps to them, not so subtly?  Or just open a package and spread them in the back areas?  4-6 hours to keep you in the system, I get that.  But you know any store that needs your touch, that is like raking a pile of leaves with a stick, not going to show much.  Hang in there.  Oh, and boo hiss to those nasty deer.  You don't grow them for their snacks!  Grrrrrr.

Have a better tomorrow, everyone!   I love you
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:31 am

Mary's Cottage, Isle of Skye, Scotland. Photo by Elgol Cottages.

Good morning. Dobby, I think a cup of tea with a couple of blueberry scones will be perfect, please.

Maxe... Sounds like you at least have some options open for you, which is always nice to have, whatever you decide to do. Good luck with it all. Love the shoebox cat bed. Leave it to a cat! Oh, glad you like the revised profile photo. I do have my original one on file, but I saw this one in my file (it's the proof copy for the pocketwatch I have) and liked it for a little change. The central image is, of course, the same. Swapped it when I had to repost due to photobucket. I notice Kim Commando had a big write up about photobucket the other day... seems I'm not the only one impacted by their new charge-through-the-nose regime.

Here's to a healthy, healing, pleasant, comfy day for all...
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum