Hog's Head

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Hog's Head

Post  Always on Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:19 am

Riverside Cottage, Thornthwaite nr Keswick, UK. Photo by Sally's Cottages.

Good morning. Dobby, it's going to be a warm 'un today (though nowhere near what some of the others here are having). I'll go with a tall iced vanilla coffee and a bowl of Wheetabix with almond milk, please.

Karentia... prayers added for your cousin.

Trying to get as much done as early as possible today. Suddenly my "must do" things have exploded from nothing to massive. Overnight. How the heck did that happen? Oh well, slowly but surely I'm plugging away at them!

Here's to a healthy, healing, good news imbued kind of day...

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Sleep Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven flower

Lake District Holiday Cottage, England. Photo by Lake District Walks.

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have a tall ice blended vanilla coffee, plus a bagel with cream cheese and bacon, please. I'll be out on the deck enjoying the cool morning breeze.

Here's to a brand new healthy, healing, filled with happy surprises kind of day...
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  muggleborn on Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:38 pm

Hecate, I've been thinking of you, sending you healing, light and love. I hope you are feeling better each day.

It's been HOT! I hope you all are able to stay cool through this summer. My garden is still doing good,but I'm waiting for the heat to get to it and shrivel it up. We'll see. Keeping my fingers crossed. I've got a lot of tomato buds, a few tomatoes starting, I just hope the flowers don't fall off like they usually do. Not sure what to do to stop that.

The boys and I are doing ok. I decided to take a break from the "cancer" med for a couple of months to see if it will make me feel better. I did it last summer with the doc's ok, so I figured, why not. I've only been off of it for 3 weeks and I am feeling better. I still have bad joint pain, but at least now I know what is lupus and what is rx side effects. After all, if my rhuemy wants to put me on Benlysta, I want to make sure that it's going to help the lupus part. We'll see. I'll go back on the other med in a few weeks, I think it kind of helps to reboot my system.

Home life is back the way it was. I have to figure out how to move out. I think that's the only solution at this point.

Nothing much going on, would love to see the new Wonder Woman movie. Hope to do that next month.

Much love to all of you. Trying to keep vibrations high!
muggleborn
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 on Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:18 pm

Afternoon all

It has been getting hotter and hotter, have a feeling this summer will be brutal, MJS I don't know how you can even move in the temps you are having, I would just die stay cool all!

Hecate definitely sending you healing energies, hope each day finds you feeling more yourself, hugs dear!

Always sounds like you had a wonderful time while on your latest adventure, nice you were remembered and appreciated, but I bet Willow was glad to have you home, thanks for all the greatcottages have yet to see one I didn't like, hugs dear

Muggleborn hope your meds balance out for you, sorry the homelife is upset again, hope you can work out something to your satisfaction, hugs to you and your boys!

Shrivelfig hope your bil gets it together for the benefit for himself and your family, hugs dear!

Maxie hope your visit at your brothers is wonderful, and that you come home refreshed and relaxed, hugs dear!

Karentia you sound busy as always, nice you can share the furniture you no longer need, much better than other alternatives, don't work too hard, take care dear! hugs!

Dobby I would love a dish of guacamole and some chips please, Alberforth a tall glass of lemonade please,, thank you both!

Have a great day all, try to stay cool, hugs to one and all!
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:05 am

Yikes, did not realize the rest of the country was cooking!  We have only been in the 60's again, for a long time.  There was sun today, but I stayed in, so no idea what the temp was.  Napped, and worked on a project.  Glad to get something underway that can be quick, and satisfying to do.  

Also watched Face Off tonight.  Surprised, different outcome than I thought.  Was a good show.  

Healing thoughts, and cooling thoughts!  For everyone!
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  MJS on Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:31 am

Hello! Finally figured how how to see this site properly on my iPad. And post!
Samtibbs it is definitely hot here. No ifs ands or buts. We did know that going in so no surprise. Bob actually loves it. Me? I'll survive. The pay off will be in the winter when everyone else is freezing and we are enjoying the outdoors. Good AC helps a ton, not going to lie.
Muggleborn in the brutal heat I moved all my potted plants that were in the sun to the patio. That way they get early morning light and not the hottest afternoon sun of the day. I think I will still lose my poppies but as they are annuals I'm kind of surprised to still have them anyway. We bought them in Dec. I get up by 6:30am to water and prune etc. I do not like that, but it has to be done. I think I already said that the fruit trees are doing well. The best of all the plants we have. I had a couple of tomatoes earlier and if I can keep the birds away I'll get a few more in a couple of weeks. The biggest disappointment are the strawberries. They are not producing much of anything. A berry every couple of weeks at most, and that is if the birds don't get to them first. I'm ready to throw in the towel on those except the plants themselves look so healthy and green. It's hard to throw them out just because we aren't getting berries. I know you put your "move" out on hold while fighting cancer. I'm so sorrry that it wasn't more of a wake up call for your husband. I know you'll have the strength to do what you need to do to for yourself and your boys.
Always what an exciting trip! It sounds like you had a blast with your, by now, old friend Peter!
Maxecat I hope you are having a wonderful time too visiting your brother. Good to get a break and change of scenery. I figure by the time Sept. rolls around Bob and I are going to be really ready for a change of scene.
My dad is staying a while longer in MN. I am so relieved about that. I miss him but it's just too darn hot here for him right now and nothing for him to do. His buddies won't be back until Oct. at the earliest. He might as well stay where it is cooler. Plus he is with his friend Barb so he isn't lonesome and I know they will get out and about if he stays there.
Well time to try and get some sleep. The plants will be needing a good long drink in the morning.
Take care and have a wonderful Wednesday!
MJS
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:22 am

Fretheim Fjordhytter cottages, Flam, Norway. Photo by fretheimhytter.

Good morning. Dobby, I'll stay with the iced vanilla coffee, plus a blueberry muffin with Irish butter, please.

Samtibbs... Yes, Willow was very glad to see me home, but my cat-sitting neighbor said she was just fine during my trip (friendly, at ease, lying on the couch instead of hiding, etc), so it went well.

MJS... Yes, had an absolute great time ... well, not counting the red-eye travel to get there! But worth every second of it!

Today's temps aren't supposed to be too high, but they're working their way up to a hot weekend. tongue So gotta get errands and marketing done today! Feel like I'm running late already since I finally actually slept in this morning. At least I feel like I've made a good dent in catching up the last of that lost sleep from the trip. Now if the hay fever would just go away.... Rolling Eyes Stay cool everyone!

Here's to a healthy, healing, comfortable day for all...
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold on Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:38 pm

Good evening to all,

Finally got some time awake without wanting to go right back to sleep.  I've read all of the posts and hope that Maxecat is really enjoying herself because she definitely deserves it....people to talk to, yay!  Your trip sounded remarkable Always.  I did get a call from the girl at the INS. co telling me that the hospital had entered a wrong 'code' in a certain area and that is why I got that letter.  Bunch of bull as far as I'm concerned, all it did was get me more upset.  Muggleborn, perhaps it's the other person who should move out??? not you! Hope it all works out for you.  I was looking at  a map for this next new moon and it's going to be a total eclipse across the USA, and I noticed that the town where you live was right on the edge of the total mark line. Hope you get to see it in it's entirety.  If not, drive about thirty miles south from where you are and it will be for sure.

One good thing that is happening is that I am now thinking of things to eat. Up until yesterday I had no desire to eat anything and that was making me more sick feeling too. I've been surviving on chocolate flavored Boost...which isn't all that bad. I'm going to have to call Laurene and tell her that I want pancakes and an english muffin with jam, and tomato soup.  Oh.................Rebakah has a job!  It's in a small advertising agency. 250 people applied for the job but only four of them submitted their application and resume like the owner wanted them to and Rebekah was the only one to call to make sure she had the right email address to submit it.  Her biggest plus was that she spoke Spanish fluently. She had another interview with a banking firm that paid a lot more money that weekend so she told the owner of the business when he called her while she was on the train going home that she had the job and she asked him if he could wait until Mon. for her decision, but then when she got off the bus she realized that this kind of work was what she really wanted and not the finance job, so she called him back right away and told him YES!  When she told me her decision, all I said was......'follow your Bliss'!  She was here on Sunday and we talked about everything and anything.  Oh, and her brother Mike got a job on the same day she did, but he will be relocating to southern CA, close to where Lois' sister lives so he will have help getting situated there.  Ryan, has now graduated with his double Masters degree in Latin and ancient Greek.  He will be remaining at the same university while he gets his Professor degree and get paid for the classes he teaches.  Way to go Ryan!  All three of her younger children are really going places in life....not bad for being home schooled. Nate the oldest has worked his way up to being a Captain at a Trader Joe's. They must think highly of him because when they have a store that is starting to fall behind, they transfer him to that store and withing a year, it's working fine again.  From what Lois tells me, he has a way with people to make them part of a great team so they all get along well together.  If he does run across a real loser, he gives them a chance to turn themselves around with his help, if not, they are out.

Dobby........pancakes and English muffins for everyone, please!

Plus there is always room for......................................

Blessings for a wonderful cool evening for all!  Hecate3fold!      
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  missypotter on Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:14 pm

Hello all! It sounds like a busy summer for everyone.

Hecate, welcome back. I am so happy you are out of the hospital. There is no comfort there unless they relieve pain. I hope they did that for you, but it doesn't sound like much. I have learned both working for and dealing with insurance companies, that there are frequent errors. Usually if you know it should be paid, it will eventually get paid from your insurance company. The trick is calling and finding out who made the mistake. It is all about what codes are entered. Glad they got it worked out.

Hubby is having a difficult time. After taking out half of his thyroid, he has had such lethargy and he is as hot as a menopausal woman. I don't think I was ever as bad off as he is. He goes all red in the face and almost can't stand it. We have medication ready to start after his surgery on the 6th, but they have to be quite precise on medication with thyroid cancer so I don't think the doc wants us to start now. Anyway a couple more weeks to go. His poor little voice has shrunk. He used to speak loud and strong and now it is just above a whisper and sounds like my 92 year old dad sounded. I hope that improves.

My surgery is scheduled for later in July. My knee is giving me fits. My daughter is flying up to help with hubby's surgery and my son is flying in from Idaho for mine. He is out of school and can take care of me during the day when hubby is at work. Brian and his wife are full time and just new so difficult to take time off.  About a week ago my son had a very bad seizure. They had to call 911 as it went on so long and he couldn't breath. He saw his neurologist yesterday and he was so angry. It had been about 3 1/2 years with no sign of any seizures and he wanted to ween him off his meds. Not now, had to increase them a bit. I know they help, but they are also so poisonous to the body. Anyway it has been a very long time since the kids have seen one. It really upset the 7 year old. He is sensitive and close to his dad.

I have been busy cleaning out closets and getting things in order for a month of busyness. With children coming and not being able to get around... I need to get ahead on my work. We have had lovely weather but the heat is coming this weekend. Must put up the portable air conditioners for poor hubby.

Always your trip sounded amazing. What a great experience. It sounds like many of you are taking trips and having adventures. Good for all of you.

Dobby, I will have a banana split out by the water, please.

Does anyone know how to post on here from somewhere different than photobucket? I really struggle using them with all the ads in the way.
missypotter
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:43 am

Dunton Hot Springs, Dolores, Colorado. Photo by CBS Boston.

Good morning. Dobby, I'll stay with the iced vanilla coffee, plus a soft boiled egg with a couple of Hecate's hotcakes, please.

Missyp and Hecate... extra healing wishes being sent your way! (And yes, my trip was remarkable and amazing... way more surprising and fun than I ever expected!)

Hecate... Congrats to Rebekah on her new job!

Missyp... You can actually upload a picture directly to the site here by using the "Host an image" button at the top of the "Post a reply" page. Click it, then "+select files" (browse to your photo on your computer or you can enter an url if the photo is online).  Then click the upload button ("send the image..."). You'll get a box of html text options, but just select "insert..." and the picture will be inserted into your post. It's pretty straightforward.

Here's to a healthy, healing, good news filled kind of day...
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:05 pm

Does this uploading work with tablets? I tried but can't find a way to select the photo I want to enter.

But,then, I took the red eye home last night ( have the redness to prove it) and I'm loopy.
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:22 pm

I did it from my Kindle while I was on my trip, so I would guess it would work with some other tablet. The photo needs to be actually ON your tablet (at least it does on the Kindle), so I would download it first from wherever, then upload it to Phoenix Fire via the upload link.

My sympathies re red eye... that was the only real downside to my trip! (Peter told me to take a week off when I got home. Neutral )
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  missypotter on Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:33 pm

It still makes me nervous to log in to a site when all my bells and whistles are going off saying it is not secure. But I continue doing it as I trust Wessa. Very Happy

OK, I am going to upload pictures directly from Always' directions.
[/color]

Yea it worked!!! This is a picture of our pond in our back yard. I am going to post some more flowers from my yard.

Finally a picture of my daughter and baby Lily. Thank you so much Always. Now I don't ever have to go back to Photobucket. Smile
missypotter
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:52 pm

Beautiful! The yard and flowers, too.

I'm going to try the upload on my other tablet..don't have many photos here and when I tried this afternoon,it didn't respond to the photo I did have.
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:36 pm

Let's try

Oh wow! Did it!

Well,me...on my frantic vacation.

Last time my brother photographed me, I was asleep in a beach chair...slumping and, unfortunately, a little drool might have been involved.
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:20 pm

Tudor style cottage, Powys, Wales. Photo by Annie/LoveHomeSwap.

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have an iced vanilla coffee, and a cranberry and turkey sandwich, please.

cheers Congrats to Missyp and Maxe for figuring out photo posting! All the pix look great!

Here's to a healthy, healing, comfortable, good news filled kind of day!
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:23 pm

cheers little victories, right?

A new world opens.

Have to admit,though reluctantly, but the cool scene is welcomed. No AC,and it's quite toasty here. Glad to be going in to work later.

Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 on Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:21 pm

Here is a pict of my oldest and a friend of his going to the Zombie prom downtown his friend knew the dj got free tickets, and so they went, had a ball and even said the music was neat as they had a live band as well no one was expecting!

Maxie you look like you are really enjoying yourself, nice you had a chance to get away!

Missy and Hecate major healing energies and prayers sent your way, hope all goes well and you both are up to snuff in no time!

MMD miss you, hope all is well!

MJS you can have the heat not sure I could handle it even with ac, think I'll keep my snowy blowy winters course I'll probably change my tune in December, hugs dear!

Muggleborn love your garden looking good for sure, hope you can work out the other situation, hugs dear!

Always the snowy house looks great wouldn't mind it right now it's 90+ outside yuck,thanks!

Dobby a bowl of salad and a large glass of icy lemonade please, thank you!

Have a great day all!

Last edited by samtibbs123 on Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MJS on Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:25 pm

Just popping on to say hello! MissyPotter your garden looks lovely! As do your daughter and granddaughter! And Maxecat very nice photo! Your brother took a very nice photo and you look relaxed and lovely. I'm glad you had a good visit.
Still hot here and breaking temp records. I took Phoebe in for grooming yesterday and she got her "summer" cut. Basically down to the nubs. I think she is much more comfortable now. George gets his turn next week.
We celebrated our 44th anniversary last night by having dinner at a dive-bar on the other side of town. A long drive but it was fun. Seriously a dive but Thursday night is steak night and it was worth the drive. They cook the steak over an open mesquite fire and it was delicious and cheap. I ordered the 20oz ribeye ($17) and Bob the 10oz top sirloin($10.50). They were cooked perfectly and we took over half of the steak home which means steak sandwiches for lunch. No discernible AC but plenty of fans. Still hot. We felt bad for the servers, and especially the guys cooking over open flames. They were remarkably cheerful and friendly in spite of the heat. To say this is a no frills place would be a severe understatement. It is as "dive" as "dive" can get. We had such fun and are already planning to go back for a Saturday night "rib" night. But maybe after it cools down outside a little. Wink

I'm trying the photo option. Let's see if I can figure it out too!
See you later!
MJS
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  MJS on Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:26 pm

Yippee! I did it!
MJS
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:42 pm

Thanks to Always and the clear directions!
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:22 pm

Well, I have the button, but still no go - gives me a headache trying.  That is sad.  I can do it on computers, or in other ways...  Technotard I shall remain.

Maxie love the picture!  Love his pool!  Glad you could get out there for a warm visit, not a cold and rainy one.  

The dive bar sounds like a good time was had!  Most of those folks are probably locals, able to take the heat.  Glad Phoebe and George are getting their summer cuts, they will be happier!  

Back to work....
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:49 am

Snowy cottage, Lapland. Photo by SukanyaN.

Good morning. Dobby, keep it cool with an iced vanilla coffee, and a bowl of shredded wheat in almond milk, please.

Heat wave peaking today and tomorrow tongue  so I will be in hibernation for both afternoons!

Glad you're all (well, mostly all  Razz !) getting the photo upload to work. Eye candy is always fun from zombie proms to dive bars to poolside to gardens and babies.

Here's to a healthy, healing, pleasant day....

Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold on Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:02 am

Good evening all,

Another tired day again, need more sleep. Great news that two more have now got the magic of posting pictures. That one of you Maxecat reminds me of Meryl Streep resting in a pool and totally involved in her book. Beautiful picture! Samtibbs, hope you can get that one of your son turned upright.....it makes for better viewing.

Today wasn't bad at all temp wise, enjoyable, but who knows what is on the way. Still in pain if I don't take the pills to stop it, which means that there is still something wrong going on. It's mostly in the soft tissue now, all on the right side. Will have to call the Dr. again and let him know of the update. The one good thing is that I am eating again, very glad of that.

Dr. Who bummed me out tonight, didn't expect it to end that way.....let dead dogs/Masters lie already!

Blessings for a happy day filled with comfortable temperatures and sweet smelling flowers! Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:37 am

Wintery Tudor-style playhouse by Flights of Fancy, Norfolk, UK.

Good morning. Dobby, a tall iced vanilla coffee, and a waffle topped with ice cream and berries, please.

The good news is that today should be the last day of the current heat wave. The bad news is that today should be the last day of the current heat wave. tongue (At least in my neck of the woods...)

Hecate... I quite "enjoyed" last night's "Doctor Who". I put "enjoyed" in quotes, since it's quite a dark tale, richly told. It reminded me immensely of a Big Finish Fifth Doctor story "Spare Parts", which is rightly noted as one of the best and most gripping tales done in the Big Finish universe. I would have loved seeing the new DW episode cold, and have had the reveal of the Mondasian cybermen and the return of John Simm's Master kept secret until the show, but that's nearly impossible in this day and age. I don't mind the return of the Simm-Master if he is not done as psycho as before. Missy is far better in this series with the psycho turned down. With JS's beard, it looks as if they're channeling the Roger Delgado Master, which is totally fine with me since he remains my favorite version - classy, elegant, and evil.

Here's to a healthy, healing, comfortable day for all...
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer on Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:07 pm

Hi Everyone,
 Hope your Sunday is going well.
It is hot here, and will probably remain so for awhile. Just have to cope I guess.
   Hope you feel better Hecate !
And missypotter, hope your and your husband's health problems turn out better. Nice pictures.
    Good luck muggleborn with your meds and problems.
Glad you found some fun dining spots MJS. Hope you can cope with the heat okay.
  Happy that you had a fun vacation maxecat. Nice pool picture.
Thanks for the shout out samtibbs.
 Love the pictures Always.
Hope all is okay Karentia.
  The doctor figured out one of my infections and I am taking some medication for it. Hope this solves this.
 And have a tooth cavity. Like everyone, l don't like going to the dentist. Embarassed
Have a good week.
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum