Hog's Head

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Hog's Head

Post  Karentia on Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:30 pm

One of the restaurants I used to go to said the bag of water worked great, but I saw flies all over in there.  It's a matter for each to try, I guess.  Did not hear about a penny inside, don't remember seeing one in there.  

MJS it looked like a very good trip!  Glad you had a good time!  

Ooo!  One sunflower is a good start!  Good luck!

Have good plans for this weekend, my Spring cleaning.  Hope to make the living room more usable.  

Hugs!
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:48 am

Pretty cottage in Kelowna, Canada. Photo by FigAndFennel.

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have a bowl of Wheetabix with almond milk, and a tall mug of coffee, please.

MJS... glad your trip went well!

Karentia... good luck with the spring cleaning! I actually managed to get my floors mopped yesterday. For me that is a massive victory over my personal inertia doing my least favorite chore. Mind you, my floors are not big, just my resistance!

Here's to a healthy, healing, energized, relaxingly productive day for all...
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:50 pm

Nice way to put it, Always,...the victory over inertia.
Saw my life expressed in a meme over the weekend...
"My daily energy level is like a sloth on Ambien."

And, it's so true. Monday doesn't help.
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  MJS on Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:25 pm

maxecat, I'm not sure where I'd hang a bag with a penny but it is a unique concept for repelling flies. Smile I really enjoyed my trip. Basically I drove from place to place to visit and eat. My brother spoiled me with buttermilk pancakes (he makes the absolute best pancakes). Michelle made sure to have my favorite coffee and jam. My brother-in-law took us for a ride on the pontoon on the Missouri river. My nephew and his wife made a shore lunch with walleye he caught for dinner. The best lake fish ever but so expensive unless you know a fisherman. Joey loves to fish and so their freezer is always stocked with walleye. I was well spoiled and enjoyed every minute of it.
Weesa Did you ever connect with EagleSkyFire? What is the status of the web site? Are all the nieces and nephews out of school yet? I hope you can get some pool time in this summer.
Hecate I hope you are home soon and feeling better.
OK time to be productive! tongue
MJS
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Weesa on Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:31 pm

The nieces have graduated high school the nephews are out of school but attending summer workouts for the sports they play.

I have not heard anything from Eagle Skyfire. As for the website if she contacts me before the host makes the security features that would help us keep ourselves protected then nothing will change. If I can't get into the founder account to make those changes then I will create a new place for us that will be secure. If that becomes necessary we will be using the same host as it's totally free. We will also have to change our name because Skyfire has copyright protection on the domain, images and name here. We won't be without an online home either way. I will let you all know when I do either way.
The pool time will probably not happen, our liner developed a massive hole that's not reparable
Not sure if we can get it replaced this year or not.

Hugs and hello to all. Have a great day/evening!
Weesa
Admin
Admin

http://weesa-asiseeit.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:21 am

Lazy Bears Creekside Cabin, Mt. Ranier National Park, Washington. Photo by Three Bears Lodge.

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have a bagel with cream cheese and a tall iced vanilla coffee, please.

Here's to a healthy, healing, restorative day for all...
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:09 am

Morning.  Sort of waking up, my late night for work last night, another nap is immanent.  

I put my list of the Spring Cleaning for three days worth of work, so my energy level can handle the list - hoping I actually have a better level than the previous week, before the drive.  I don't count the road trip for energy.  Either way, I plan to end each day in the pool and hot tub - have to make that a priority!

MJS it is fabulous that your family was so into your visit!  Happy they all knew just how to welcome you home!  As for the bag of water, I had seen one hung with a thumb tacks, and another hung from a small hook.  Personal choice, it's your ceiling.

I figured out how to send Hecate an email link from my YouTube account!  Yay!  Now it is waiting for her to come home.  May she come home feeling better, soon.  Can hardly wait for her fun stories, she does enjoy it when she has a good looking bunch of guys helping her in and out of her home.

Nap is calling....
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 on Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:02 pm

Afternoon all

Just got a note from Lois, Hecate is still in the hospital,as they can't figure why she is in such pain they are running and eliminating possibilities as they go! Also talking replacing pacemaker battery and such while she is there, so when she gets home she'll be set to go!

MJS sounds like a fun trip, glad it all went well, we never had to train our dogs they seemed to sense the difference between a good snake or a bad one in fact the last dog we had stopped my dad and I from coming face to face with a very large rattlesnake, just be careful!

Maxie hope all your flowers bloom, No Deer! Hugs!

Weesa thanks for the chocolate yummmmmmmm!!!!

Karentia nice glad you are getting things done one project at a time, hugs dear!

Missy glad hubby is past his surgery hope all the results are what you want to hear, hugs dear!

Always love all the cottages but the one with the holly hocks brought a tear to my eye they were my moms favorite flower, lovely thanks! Give Willow a scritch hugs dear!

Have a great day all!

samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:44 am

Hollyhocks Cottage, Docking, Norfolk, UK. Photo by HotelRoomSearch.

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have a grilled cheese, bacon and onion sandwich, plus a tall iced coffee, please.

Hope they can track down and remedy Hecate's problem. No fun.

Here's to a healing, healthy, energy-charged day...
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:11 am

Like the sound of a grilled bacon and cheese. And the view of Hollyhocks Cottage makes it perfect.

Sunny and cool, not a cloud to see.

Last night on the patio, one of the hummingbirds sat on the top of my chair! The other hovered in front of us. You could hear the wings beating. One is emerald green. The other has a ruby throat. They don't seem afraid of Maddy either.

Really doesn't take much to entertain me.
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:42 pm

Humming bird entertainers!  Cool!  Enjoy!

It is 84°.  Hotter than expected.  I am hiding inside, after doing laundry, and got bit overheated.  Cold sandwich and iced Coke, perfect.

Still sending healing thoughts to Hecate.  Glad she can get more taken care of as long as she is there.
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:57 pm

84? In the 60s! We've reversed weather!

Was taken out to dinner...Bang Bang Shrimp and a salad.
Now, basketball...professional, not my favorite but I like my date. Very Happy

Hoping Lois or Bekah have a chance to visit Hecate tomorrow and will have news. Pain, or no, you know she's eager to get home.
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer on Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:55 am

Best wishes to Hecate. Come back soon.
Nice that you could go out to dinner maxecat. Is Bang Bang chicken Chinese?
maxecat, I wanted to compose, but I never seemed to find time.
Karentia, my little student stopped her lessons several months ago. Her Mom didn't think she practiced enough. That is really the Mom's fault as little kids aren't self motivated.
I haven't heard from my Dr yet.
Have a good weekend everyone.
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  missypotter on Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:55 am

We hit 81 degrees here. I think Always, you got the weather we are getting tomorrow early. The next week should be in the 60s. I'm ready for a little cool down.

We were in doctors offices most of the day (or driving in the AC car). Post op and Endo were downtown Seattle.  Well it's official, hubby has cancer of the thyroid. It has spread a bit so in July they are doing another surgery and taking out all of the thyroid. They will do a slice biopsy on it as well to see if there is cancer.  The doctor said he had a 15% chance it would be cancer. "The odds were in our favor" but we lost. Anyway another surgery, follow-up and in September treatment. They wait until after "tumor board" to determine how much radioactive iodine to treat him with.  In the meantime, I am going to try to squeeze in my knee surgery. If all goes well we will take a brief trip to visit the grandkids before treatment. Summer just got sucked up into medical procedures.  Still I am grateful for good medical care.

My flowers are wonderful. Maxe, I am envious. Still no hummingbirds here, not at the feeder or plants. I forgot how much watering it all takes. sunny flower

I do hope Hecate gets home soon. It is awful to be in the hospital. I hope she knows how much we miss her and are sending healing prayers.

Dobby I could use a large butter beer and something very chocolatey. Yes, warm brownies sound good or cake.
missypotter
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer on Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:22 am

Gee missypotter, I am sorry so much medical problems are all at once. Hope you and your husband have this resolved soon.
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:56 am

Petit Anse oceanview cottage, Grenada. Photo by PetitAnse.

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have an iced coffee and a banana nut muffin, please.

Missyp... Many healing prayers being sent your direction!

In fact, I think Madame Pomfrey, and Profs Snape, Slughorn and Flitwick need to hold a special session to brew up some general wellness potitons for all!

Had my day totally brightened this morning with a tweeted response from Peter Davison (!)... Cool.... cheers

Here's to a healthy, healing, energy-overflowing kind of day...

cheers Adding this link, too... to double brighten my day, here's a link my brother Paul posted today with a message to him (and me) from Tom Baker... awesome day indeed...

https://www.facebook.com/paul.rabogliatti/videos/10207047003493616/

Last edited by Always on Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Weesa on Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:55 am

Breakfast for all!

I do hope Hecate is back in castle soon. Would be nice if they could find a way of correcting her issues permanently. Pain is no fun.
Weesa
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:59 pm

Nice brunch, fresh fruits taste so good this time of year. I could use some food right now; been in the garden. My emerald hummer was buzzing about my head, waiting for me to leave the area of the feeder.

Been filling in with annuals,as my Spring perennials have stopped blooming and look a little sad.

Missypotter, you and your husband will definitely be on my prayer list. I've met at least five people of varying ages who were treated for thyroid cancer at different stages in their lives. They are all thriving and seemed to feel their treatment hadn't been terrible as compared to some others. I hope your husband is back to good health soon.
Seems like you've been handed quite a burden right now. Wish we were able to give more than just moral support.

Magical Music Dreamer, there's a restaurant chain called Bonefish Grill that we really enjoy and their special appetizers include a large selection of shrimp on shredded greens . The sauce is a flavorful creamy one with just an after hint of spicy heat. Asian in concept but probably pure American in origin. On Wednesday, it's half price...we have it along with a salad and always bring leftovers home.

I've seen an online recipe for the sauce which I mean to try. Delicious.
We're into more heat, but even mild it's wonderful and I'm not even a shrimp fan.

As long a prayers are being sent, I'd like to request some for my neighbor Veronica. She's the mother of the young man who miraculously survived the car accident two years ago.
She has contracted viral meningitis and an internal form of shingles.
She's not in physical danger but is in terrible pain. Have no idea how long her hospital stay will be. Both she and her husband are self employed so, they have to provide their own insurance. Neutral
So,if you can spare a moment,please include her best intentions in your prayers.

Cool, clear day again. And I've stuff to do. Maybe another piece of bacon and I'm off. Love to all.
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:41 pm

Hecate will be released from the hospital. Laurene will be helping her. She's still in pain and I don't know if a diagnosis was ever decided.

Lois says the continued pain meds may make for "interesting side effects" ...May we expect dancing on tables?

Can't wait to see her return.

Last edited by Weesa on Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected member name.)
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:51 pm

Maxie I am enjoying your antics with your garden and humming helpers!  I'm just not up to doing much outside still.  One round of clean up and planting one lonely petunia does not make for a colorful garden.  My sedums are doing marvelous.  I was able to spray out back with the last of the organic bug spray, staved off the little buggers that were munching on my plants, and the heucheras are coming back now.

Ya to the queen returning!  Boo that they weren't able to do anything for her.  At least it ruled out anything major.  Welcome home Hecate!   queen

Missy P that is sad news.  I don't wish cancer on my worst enemy.  I hope everything goes as planned, for you getting your knee taken care of, and your hubbies treatment goes well.  Yes, loss of a season to medical issues for sure.  Healing thoughts for both of you.  Hugs too.

Always you must be on the moon, with a day of the Doctors for yourself!  Saw the video you shared on FB, very fun!  Enjoy!

I've been taking care of a simple task for the day - de-fuzzing a length of fabric, black muslin, for the Witch King costume.  Takes attention to detail, and loads of time, but getting it done is very satisfying.  The bins will still get to storage, next week.  They close the gates to all entry so early on Saturday, not able to take them with me to work.  And it's raining, so good for the flowers, not so good for dry loading.  Have a better day, everyone.
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 on Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:32 pm

Evening all

Yeah Hecate is coming home just wish they had found an answer, hopefully she will get better with time!

Maxie how neat you have hummers helping you with your gardening, there used to be a swimming pool around here that had dozens of feeders and hummers galore you could watch them all afternoon, bits of jewels flitting from place to place beautiful!

Missy sending huge amounts of healing energies towards you and hubby, hope all goes well and that surgeries and treatments are completely successful, hugs dear!

Karentia one day at a time, make sure you send Picts of finished costumes, hugs dear!

MMD well now that you are no longer teaching and such maybe you can play for your own enjoyment, who knows maybe now you can compose something new and wonderful for the harp! Hope you get to hear from or see your dr soon, and he has a solution, hugs dear!

Always neat you and the dr,great videos! Thanks for the cottages, love them! Hugs dear!

Weesa sounds like things are going well for the kiddos in your house, are the graduates working or looking towards college? Too bad about the pool, hopefully it won't be too hot this summer, hugs dear!

Alberforth a mug of mulled cider please, think I will settle here for a bit!

Have a wonderful evening all!
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:44 am

Green cottage (source unknown)

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have a bacon and egg sandwich, and a tall iced coffee, please.

Glad to hear Hecate is coming home but sure wish the problem had been pinpointed.

Here's to a healthy, healing, magical day...
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:13 am

Just heard from Lois - Hecate has been given a steroid for the pain and it is working!  They are also working something out with insurance, they are planning on moving her to the rehab wing of the hospital.  So not home quite yet.  Sending continued healing thoughts.

Weesa I'm sorry to hear about the tear in the pool liner - that sucks swamp water.  Wish there was a way to blow in a liner, like they put in truck beds, that would water proof the pool.  Glad the kiddos are doing so well!  Hugs!

Y'all take care!  Hugs & love to all.
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  muggleborn on Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:44 pm

I don't know where the heck I've been! A new thread and Hecate in the hospital! I've got some reading and catching up to do. Prayers for all of my HPANA sisters!

Last edited by Weesa on Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Not allowed to have profanity.)
muggleborn
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Weesa on Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:38 pm

Missypotter will keep you and your hubby in my thoughts for speedy recovery times. Hugs!

So glad that the steroid is helping Hecate, Hopefully they can get her fixed up and home soon!

The girls are both planning college. One is already accepted and going through the enrollment/registration process. The other has test tomorrow for something to do with college.

Yep the pool being out is no fun and it's hot already.

Karentia could you email me the link to your YouTube too? Tried to search but I couldn't find you.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Last edited by Weesa on Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added)
Weesa
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum