Hog's Head

Page 34 of 35 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

Go down

Re: Hog's Head

Post  Hecate3fold on Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:16 am

Good evening to all,

That top picture of Willow definitely  belongs in my 'find the kitty' file, and the second one looks like it should be captioned....'go ahead, make my day!'.....like she's daring you to take it away again. Love the color contrast and eyes in the second one too. Glad she's feeling back to her old 'queenly' self again.  Thanks for posting them here for me to see.

Wow, what a wonderful drumming session Karentia!  I'm anxious to hear more from what happens on Thursday.

When I was little my grandma would always make me a special lamb cake made with chocolate cake inside, so Winky went looking to find one for me but all she could find was a black cake form that they are made in. Oh well.....she tried........................

Blessings for a fabulous fun filled day for everyone!  Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:31 am

Easter Egg Cottage, San Francisco, California. Photo by Jackson Fuller.

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have one of those cute cheesecake bunnies, a bird's nest cupcake, and a tall mug of coffee, please.

Here's to a healthy, healing, overflowing with good things day for all...
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 on Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:11 pm

Morning all

Had a super time yesterday with my friend we drove to see Shoshone falls and the weather was amazing, it was warm and sunny no wind beautiful, sent the Picts to hecate hope she can post them for me, today it is cold rainy and miserable so glad we went when we did!

Always love the latest bunch of cottages what wonderful colors, thanks for finding them!

Think I will graze some f the goodies Hecate and Winky have set out for us, Alberforth a mug of mulled cider please perfect!

Hope everyone is having a super day, hugs to one and all!
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  missypotter on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:11 pm

Hello ladies!! The sun is out, my hyacinths, tulips and daffodils are all blooming and today feels bareable. Karentia, I wish I live closer to the tulip festival like you do. This year I would love to go see them. Alas not this year. Also, you may want to talk with a professional about your taxes. My understanding is the inheritance is not taxable as income. At least that is what all my friends have said that have inheritances. You might have to file a change. Once the IRS sent me a refund of something I over paid, but that was years ago.

I love all the holiday and spring pictures, cottages and flowers. I do come here, but by the time I catch up on posts, I have to go. Then I forget what everyone has said that I wanted to post about. :/ I do remember I missed Weesa's birthday. Happy belated birthday Weesa. Thank you for keeping things going on this site. It is a refreshing place to come and play.

Well the surgical/cancer ENT said one of hubby's nodules needs to come out. But of course he can't find time until the end of June. Who does that with cancer? Also no one has been able to figure out what is causing his chocking/speech problems. I have done all I can do. Rolling Eyes Now I have been having some knee pain this winter that I attributed to the cold damp weather. In the past 3 weeks my right knee has continued to get worse. I know need a cane and have had to put my raised toilet seat back on my toilet. The pain getting up and own from a seated position is terrible. I do ok walking and riding my stationery bike, so go figure. I see my doctor next week. I can't imagine what is wrong that doesn't need surgery to fix, but I am hoping. With all of this, I have been a bit down.

On the other hand my daughter, sister and nephew all arrive in 2 weeks. So I had my carpet cleaned and almost have all the windows washed. I have my spring decorations out and all of that makes me happy. It will be a short trip, and they may have to go some places without me. I will have seen my doc by then so I will know more.

Here are some of my flowers. Have a good day all!
missypotter
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:18 pm

Thanks, Missy P, I needed that info.  I didn't have all the right stuff to file online, so it will sit there, forever, unfilled.  I am doing the old fashioned paper version!  I wanted to ask someone on the site, but there are just statements available.  I guess if you don't have people, you don't have to pay them.  So, not reporting the inheritance.  If it comes up another time I will deal with it then.  I can breathe again.

Elke has a bad headache, so my session will be postponed.  I would rather it be that, then have her not well and not get a good reading - Mercury is ruling backwards!  I hate retrograde times.  But I told her to take care, we can reschedule for after her move to Mount Vernon.  I have more time for other things, like taxes, sewing and cleaning, which are all necessary!  Oh, and laundry...
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:44 pm

That was quick - taxes are done, off to mail them & get a refund.  Phew!  Breathing is good.  

Hugs!
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:55 pm

Karentia, it depends on state laws, but I think the taxes on inheritance bequests depend on the amount. It did for us when settling Dad's estate. Glad you got yours off. Our return is simple,now and we can do it online. No refunds for us,though.

The Willow photos are so sweet...and such pretty green eyes.

Have most of the weeds dug and new dirt down. Need more and am waiting for some plants to arrive, but things are moving along. Nice weather again. Love it.

Embarassed  Am I the only member here who hasn't seen Fantastic Beasts and have little interest in it? I can't explain. It's the same with following the North American school of magic on Pottermore. I feel no connection.

Of course I haven't seen Beauty and the Beast yet because of scheduling issues. Looking out for the dvd.

There's a monthly drum circle meeting here, Karentia. Not sure how many attend.
Good luck with your channeling session.  Could be interesting.

Full moon...I can feel it. Laughing   Have to rest now.
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:24 pm

Good afternoon all,

Maxecat I would definitely recommend attending the drumming circle in your area, just to meat new people of like mind. You certainly could use a new outlet in life fright now. Can't wait to see what new plants will be blooming in your garden this year. Any hints as to what is coming in the mail??

So good to hear from you MissyPotter, sorry to hear about the pain in your knee again. I have lengths of 2x4s mounted on each side of my toilet, on cabinets to help me getting back up, perhaps you cold have one of those grab bars attached to the side of a cabinet or wall to help you too.  I'm sure that the dr. feels that your hubby is in no danger by not doing any surgery until later. If it were an emergency I'm sure he would be right on it. Please, have no fear.  I love the pictures of your flowers, especially the first one of the tulips with the purple contrast around the edges of the pot. We miss you, so please try to drop by more often, even if it's just to have a butter beer and some of Winky's baking.

Samtibbs has sent me the photo's so I will post them in the order that they were sent and let her tell us all about what each one is...............

Maxecat, I felt that way too, even when I read  all about the US wizarding school on Podermore, I felt no attachment at all, but I did want to see the movie after I saw the clips of all of the animals, which at least for the Thunderbird are based on American legend. From what I've picked up on the extra reel is that all four of the mail characters will be together in the following movies, even thought the muggle was obliviated.  If you'd like I'll mail you my movie to borrow for a while. As I said before, it takes more than one viewing to see all of the magic going on in the background of each scene. Just don't try to compare it to anything Hogwarts, it's not.  One thing that I thought was funny was the name of the bar/cafe...it's called the Blind Pig, that's where they encounter Ron Perlman. Oh, and a group of bowtruckles is called a 'branch'. I even had to watch the extra disc with Laurene today to catch that.

There is a Dr. Who marathon going on on the BBC through Saturday when the new season will start. I've seen some of them but not all. Some of them are really gut wretching horror! Like I want to yell......'Get away from there'. I think the one I like best so far is the one with Vincent van Gogh, whoever played the part did a great job.

Blessings till later!  Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  missypotter on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:01 am

Well look at me, back again. I have another quiet night.

Brian and Shaniel dropped by to say good-bye.  They are going over to eastern Washington to spend Easter with her family. Sunday is the anniversary of her father's death. People are dropping food off already for the weekend. They are so kind in small towns. She was in tears as we talked about him. I guess they just placed the headstone. It has a likeness of his badge. It will be a tender weekend for them. I love having her as a daughter-in-law and having them so close.

I was driving home from errands today and noticed all the cherry blossoms are in full bloom. Also all of a sudden the rhododendrons are all in bloom. It was like bang, spring.  Even though today we had sunshine, rain, thunderstorms and hail. Well I guess that is spring.

Karentia, I think Maxe is correct. There are no taxes on inheritances unless they are over a certain amount, a very large amount. Now it is all ringing a bell. I am happy yours are done and all is well.

Hecate, I will try to stop by more often. I do love coming here. We may have to get more "helps" around the house. My new knees are just over 5 years old. I thought they would last at least 10 and hopefully 20, but alas.  I think it is my knee cap. Next Friday we will take xrays and we can see what is going on. It is just so painful to get up and down. I just didn't think I would be here so soon. Hubby's surgery is set for June 22. I am sure you are right, Hecate, if it needed to be done sooner he would insist.

My Easter village is up and it makes me so happy. I was explaining to Shaniel that it is all from the Dollar store. That even makes me happier.

I think I will sit by the fire and have a butter beer and some of these delightful Easter treats.

missypotter
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:02 am

Hi Everyone,
Glad your taxes are okay now Karentia. Taxes are tedious. I use Turbo Tax.
Beautiful pictures samtibbs !
I might like to see Fantastic Beasts.
Missypotter​, I am sorry about your husband's health problems and your knees. Hope it all gets better.
Hi maxecat and Hecate.
I love the story and pictures of Willow and the green bunny Always.
Have a good week everyone.
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  shrivelfig on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:59 am

Happy belated birthday Weesa! I hope you had a wonderful birthday! Very Happy

Sorry to hear about your loss, Muggleborn.

I still don't fully understand what's happening with my BiL's grandfather. The news about the stoke has sent him in a rapid-cycling bi-polar episode. I was afraid something like that was gong to happen. He doesn't take it out on me but takes it out on my sister. He gets argumentative and says things like You say this but I know what you're really thinking. You can't say anything since he's not thinking clearly. We're learning more about what his ex-wife did to him like tell him it he doesn't need to take the trash out right now but if he could do it later that would be great. Then she would get mad when he got back because he didn't take the trash out and drop him off at his mother's. I'm not sure how many times she did that.

I know dogs can tell what you're not well and even smell changes in your pheromones. It wouldn't be surprising if he could detect something was wrong. My BiL's family is being weird about the whole thing. My sister doesn't think it's her place to text his mother to find out what's going out. His mother hasn't told him what is going on. I think his mother wants to talk to him tomorrow.

I've started clicker training with my dog again. I lost my clickers when things got moved around. It's really working with him. I've been watching on-line video's, some DVD's a friend loaned me, etc... One trainer taught that you pull down on your dog's leash until he gets in a down position. There is no way I can pull my 100 lb dog down and I think he would react badly to it. I've been using the clicker and training treats and already in less then a week I can get him to go into a down position. I haven't added the down command yet.

I can't believe it's Easter Sunday coming up. My sister and I are going to make a big pot of jambalaya. We're going grocery shopping for the ingredients, make it on Saturday and then eat it on Sunday. It actually tastes better once it's sat and all the flavors mix together.

I wrote to the president abut a fundraiser we were supposed to have on Saturday but she's going to reschedule it since he father has been very ill. I will wait till things calm down about asking who all is an admin. I really appreciate the support.
shrivelfig

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:39 am

Easterish gingerbread home, Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts. Photo by House Crazy.

Good morning. Dobby, today I'll go simple with some toast, kippers, and a mug of coffee, please.

Maxe... Well, I wasn't particularly excited about going to see Fantastic Beasts, but I did enjoy the film once I was there. No, it's not the same "magic" for me either, and likely never will be. There was a special something about the HP world that was unique unto itself. But still, the film was fun... and I'd still love to have a niffler!

Samtibbs... Spectacular scenery! Thanks for sharing the photos (and thanks to Hecate for posting them!).

Hecate... Yep, time for a Doctor Who Takeover Week overdose. I've had the marathon on, though honestly haven't not sat down and watched much of it. I've seen them all so many times that they play inside my head without having to look at the screen! Rolling Eyes I'm definitely ready for the first episode of the new season on Saturday. It's been a wilderness for Whovians with the long gap between seasons.

Karentia... Glad you got your taxes in. It's always a relief! I'm really glad I got mine done early (had to to get my refund as soon as possible so I could get Willow's vet care done).

Shrivelfig... Good work with your dog! Sounds like he's being nicely responsive.

Missyp... Love your Easter village. I'm a big dollar store fan, too. That's where all but one of my Easter critters came from. Colorful and fun seasonal stuff without spending a bundle! Good luck finding a solution to the knee problem. Been there, no fun.

Here's to a healthy, healing, smooth flowing day for all...
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:44 am

Morning all

Hecate thanks for posting the Picts they are different angles of viewing the falls, they call them the niagra of the west, it was probably the highest I  have seen it in years, but before they put in the dams years ago it was over the rocks that are poking up in the middle of the falls, when they turn the water down you used to be able to walk over to the cave , but they don't allow it anymore, also it used to be just the power plant on that side of the canyon but now there are several homes down there! The whole area is lava flows eaten away by the river creating the canyon, the pioneers must have felt over whelmed following the Snake river trying to find a way across.  Not too far down stream is where Evil Knevil tried to jump it, and about 50 or so miles further down stream is the three island crossing where the snake levels out and they were able to ford it between three islands allowing them the chance to come up through Boise, or go further west to Oregon and Washington!

Maxie it is worth seeing just for the niffler he is great, and even though the idea of just European schools seemed more logical, they handled it well. I really liked all the displays of the different animals and the fact he had them with him in a magical suitcase was so Hermine it was great, it is a cute show in an of itself and Hecate is right it isn't hogworts too New York busy for that, but cute none the less!

Missy nice to see you back you are missed when you are gone, sending healing energies both you and hubbies way, sounds like Bryon made a great choice with his bride nice you get along so well with her, makes it much nicer!  Hopefully the dr can figure out why your knee is giving you fits did you only have a partial replacement?  The dr up here won't do partials because they don't last long, take care love your Easter village hugs dear!

MMD I think you would enjoy Fantstic beasts it is a cute magical show, even my non hp loving son thought it was well done, Mike and I loved it, hope you are well ,hugs dear!

Always hope you have a wonderful Easter, hugs dear! Love this last house like a card in real life lovely,

Shrivelfig hope things settle down for your family, seems like you have had more than your share of ups and downs lately, hugs dear! Keep up the good work with your dog, sounds like it is going well!

Muggleborn sending you soothing thoughts and big hugs dear!

Karentia, keep us informed how things go with your readings and such, always interesting, all our drum circles around here are African in nature to the point it chased several native drummers away, wish they would start a native drum circle over in the park the steady beat is more compelling to me at least than the others oh well time will tell, have a great day, hugs dear!

Hello to lady, MJS, Weesa and whom ever else might drop by!

Dobby think I would like an omelet with all the fixings and a dish of fresh fruit please, Alberforth a mug of your house blend please, thank you both!

It is pouring rain today and we have shopping to do oh joy so think I will sit by the fire to eat, have a wonderful day all!
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:51 am

Haven't seen Fantastic Beasts either, will be buying it soon. I enjoyed the previews and think it will be interesting to see the differences between American and British magical communities. I'm also waiting on the new set of Hogwarts Library books to be released again. Apparently there was a mistake that left part of it out. I read that there are added creatures in Fantastic Beasts and that the Beedle the Bard one has notes from Hermione in it.

Well gotta run busy day. Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter weekend.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:17 pm

Niagra of the West is a good description. They are very pretty falls and the rainbows just add to it. New York state is lucky in the many falls and gorges tucked everywhere but the big city. And, Hawaii is blessed with rolling water and double rainbows.
I love the images, samtibbs. Thanks for sharing.

Today is Queen Maddie 's 14th birthday. She's in good shape for an old girl.
Last I saw her she was lying on her back right underneath the robin's nest perched on the patio eaves. The robin couple are quite agitated about her presence and are giving her an earful.cat

Shrivlefig, my husband used to make a great jambalaya at our store/ restaurant. And you're so right. It's so much better as it ages. Could go for some right now.

I guess things can be stressful in your home. I'm glad you've a good dog to keep you company. I trained my dogs when they were pups. At 100 pounds it's hard to push them around, isn't it?

Always, I am so excited about Saturday's premier of Doctor Who.
I watched some of the marathon this week ( did they show any of the ninth Doctor?)
I watched my old recordings of The Husbands of River Song and The Day of the Doctor. I like them more with each viewing. When Tom Baker appears at the end....tears each time.
I wish Peter was staying longer. I like his manic, gruff doctor....the one with the sad eyes.
Any ideas who'll be tapped next?

Hoping you and your husband find some relief, missypotter. Hard chasing after those wonderful grandkids if you're hurting. Have you given thought to retiring close to one of the kids?

I need to fill the back of my flower beds with some taller plants. I'm moving the early lilies and will look for more Hollyhocks or Lily trees...or tall phlox.
It's almost time to plant nothing but perennials. Planting annuals in the ground is becoming more trial than pleasure and containers are so easy.

Right now I have to pare my wish list...too many choices.

Waves hello to all. Hoping your day is pleasant and sunny.
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:12 pm

Well, no session.  She had a headache, and with Mercury in retrograde, better to wait.  Will let you know what happens when it happens.  The native drumming is very spiritual - it is what my previous shaman used for her sessions.  And I also would rather wait for her to be settled!   Very Happy

Missy P, that really sucks, and conversations me that your knees are not doing good, you should not be in pain.  I do hope your doc finds something out, and that it is hopefully an easy fix.  As well as your hubby, that his surgery is put off because it is not horrid, but manageable.  Healing​ thoughts, and loads of hugs!

Hecate and Samtibbs, what cool pictures!  The falls are gorgeous!  Thank you for sharing!  

Fantastic Beasts is a fun and dark film.  I loved it, bought it, just went through the whole first watching at home, including all the extras.  Love it!  It is the magical world we all know well, so you don't have to start from scratch.  Love all the actors, they are all perfect.  But that is my perspective.  Can hardly wait for the next one!
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold on Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:25 am

Good evening everyone,

MissyPotter, your bunny village is so cute, so many little pieces to look at. Is that a had made doily that they are sitting on? I couldn't begin to count the number of doilies that my grandmother made, to say nothing of the table cloths and bedspreads.  I still have a table cloth tucked away here from her.

The gingerbread on this last cottage is so ornate and delicate looking, and the colors compliment each other along with the cool blue of the roofing.  That yellow one from the day before almost made my eyes pop out of my head.  What an 'eye opener',.......... for sure!

I never made it back here last night, fell asleep before midnight and slept mostly all the way through to tenish this morning. Good sleep even thought I was out traveling with the Dr.  I did wake up at one point and watched the end of one that had Tom Baker make a guest appearance.  He was the curator of an art museum and was walking with a very distinguished cane.  Loved his totally white hair. It was great seeing him back in it.

Winky's still working very hard to keep us supplied with festive treats............................

Blessings for a sunshiny, happy Easter holiday! Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:27 am

La Vie en Rose Cottage, Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts. Photo by Around the World.

Good morning. Dobby, make it scrambled eggs ringed with Easter cookies, and a tall mug of coffee, please.

Maxe... Happy Birthday to queen Maddie! Re the Who takeover... I didn't catch the start of it so don't know if the Ninth Doc was included. I suspect not since they haven't been airing those episodes in the repeats. I'm sure, like with the HP films, it's likely they're not included in whatever "package" they've bought. Frankly I don't understand that sort of nonsense. If you're showing a "franchise", then show all of it! Whatever the case, I'm ready for tonight's new episode.

Hecate & Maxe... Indeed... one of the most memorable Who moments ever!

Here's to a healthy, healing, joy-filled Easter Saturday...
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:21 am

Whoa! That's quite a bright house!  I imagine it's quite glorious on a wintry day.
Wonder what the neighbors think. Certainly would cause comments here,but we don't have color restrictions other than outbuildings have to match the main structure.
Wow...that house doesn't even need flowers to brighten it.

Good find, Always.

The last time I saw the Ninth Doctor series rerun was the marathon leading up to the introduction of Matt Smith. Shame...I loved the reboot.  Fantastic.

Dreary and cold again with a resulting weather headache. .thinking a really hot shower and a fun distraction will fix it up. The seedlings and plants waiting for their new home are enjoying the moisture in the air. Lots of bird song outside so I don't think a storm is brewing.

Day off...yes ,I think a nice shower and a cup of cocoa and I'll be ready to take on the day.

Can you imagine the work going into those cookies? And the cluster of roses on the cake.  I mean ,really, are you going to cut into that art work?  I shudder to think.
Must be a full adult now.  Thoughts like that never used to keep me from decorated cakes. Laughing
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:01 am

Good evening everyone,

And a big ...........................................

To one and all!!!!

Winky has done her best to create an Easter buffett starting with some fresh fruit, and then a table laid out with ham and all sorts of good things to eat...........................

and of course more baked treats and some candy too........................

Oh my, this candy does look soooo good.............................

And what would Easter be without on of these.......................

Blessings for a joyous day spent with family and friends!  Hecate3fold!    
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:25 am

Happy Easter one and all!

Maxie you are right those flowers are too pretty to cut so I had Dobby magic them off to a separate plate so we can enjoy their beauty and Winky's wonderful cake as well, hope you have a super day, we have had snow rain frost and sunshine for the last few days not much going here, except all the fruit trees are starting to bloom, make sure you post Picts of your containers and such, hopefully the deer will find enough to eat in the woods they don't need your garden as well, hugs dear! Tell your kitten happy birthday!

Always can you imagine a neighborhood where these last few homes fit, I so want to be there if I painted our place like that the North end association would be beating down the door sigh, they have rules to keep the area historic and obviously the settlers weren't into bright colors, they are lovely, thank you give Willow a scratch from me!

Hecate between you and the elves we can feed all day, thank you, what a spread, love all the old times cards are great they are special, my favorite Easter treat as a kid was a basket made all from candy, it was green and woven, looked like a real basket only it was all candy and full of chocolate, the supervisors wife had given it to me at a big Easter buffet they had invited my folks to, I was in heaven a new dress to wear, good food to eat and a special present all in one day, ah to be young again! Have a great day dear, hugs!

Karentia I'm with you they can't get number 2 here soon enough, no it isn't hogworts but it is magical, I love the critters and the characters are well done, I can now look forward to spending several days watching ,my hp movies and then have another whole series to watch after it or maybe depending how they tie it in I'll do like we do star wars and watch them in order for the time line, hope you have a super day hugs dear!

Missy the village is darling, you have a good eye for such things, love the doily as well my grandma was a doily making fiend and my oldest brother got most of them, I have the bed spread, and my quilt, but a lot was worn out over the years because she created for use instead of just beauty, hope you have a special day hugs dear!

MMD hope you are well are you eating out or staying home today? Have a great day, hugs dear!

Hello to lady, hope all is going well, drop by sometime!

Muggleborn hugs dear!

Alberforth I would love a mug of your house blend with extra cream today, thank you dear, now for Winky's wonderful buffet, oh Dobby you are such a dear warmed plates and made to order omlet's perfect thank you!

Have a Wonderful day all! HAPPY EASTER TO ONE and ALL!

Shrivelfig have a good day dear hugs!

Weesa, hope you have a special day, hugs dear!

MJS love playing Pearl's perils with you, nice having people to interact with, have a great Easter, hugs dear!
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:52 am

Happy Easter!  And belated birthday wishes for Maddie!  Loads of cakes & sweets to celebrate with!

Off to work.
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:59 am

Wesleyan Grove homes, Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts. Photo by Timothy Valentine/Small House Bliss.

Good morning and a very albino Happy Easter! albino flower sunny

Hecate and the House Elves have done a marvelous job with the buffet! Everything looks too good to eat... but I'll do my best!

Samtibbs... Love all the bright homes, too. This last batch does come from a neighborhood where people are encouraged to go with the colorful paint jobs... it's a real tourist draw.

Greatly enjoyed the new Doctor Who episode yesterday. Love that the show can reinvent itself, and I, for one, liked the smaller, more intimate tale with layers of heart and intriguing clues within it.

The Easter bunny left me a gift on my porch yesterday... actually it was from my realtor who dropped off a live, potted Easter lily plant while I was out to lunch. She seems to love holidays! I don't really "do" houseplants (they would have no chance of survival around me plus this one seems to affect my allergies) but I have found a home for it and, of course, I do appreciate her kindness!

Here's to a healthy, healing, joyous, fun Easter day for all...
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:32 pm

Imagine a great locale where they encouraged you to express your creativity! Wouldn't that be fun?

Glad you found a nice home for your gift lily, Always. I think their pollen can be very irritating and they are dangerous for kitties.
Funny, we've had lilies for as long as we've had pets and none of them have paid a bit of interest. Cal and Mats used to chase each other then plop on the lily bunches, but no sniffing or nibbling. Grateful.

I just finished watching The Pilot. Best Doctor Who writing in awhile. Love Bill. Didn't think I'd like Nardole but he had great lines. Don't need scary monsters every time.
And I have wondered about the non English rendition of the TARDIS name. Looking forward to the season.

Wish there was a Sherlock to anticipate.

Early rain interrupted gardening plans, then I have work at 5, so a few chores and I'm taking it easy.

80s yesterday...60s today....hard on folks having outdoor parties.
We're working so the employees can have their family dinners. It's not that Larry's so magnanimous ,though he is accommodating; it saves the hassle of people calling in "sick" at the last minute. Like anyone believes that....

Lots to replace. Store was hit hard yesterday.

Hope this is a nice day for you all.
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  shrivelfig on Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:29 pm

I wanted to stop by and wish everybody a Happy Easter! albino

Winky has out-done herself again with those yummy Easter treats.

My sister was feeling a little better and did too much during the day so she got worn out when evening came round. It really tricks you when you've been sick for so long and then start to feel better but you're not at 100% yet. So we didn't make it to the grocery store to get all that we needed to make the jambalaya. So we're making spaghetti instead. I know it's not your traditional Easter dinner but my sister doesn't feel like going out and the whole family will be together.

Good news is my BiL has stopped his rapid-cyling.When he gets that way he argues and doesn't make any sense but he doesn't due it to me and my sister will tell me if he's not doing well. He's out visiting his family. His grandfather is out of the hospital. I'm still unclear what all happen and how he's doing. I'm hoping my BiL can tell us went he gets back.

I had a bad experience with a dog trainer with a previous dog I had. I think you have to find the right training program that works with your dog, I was very depressed when I got Liam so couldn't go to a dog training class. He's taught himself to sit and stare at me when he needs to go to the bathroom. If he gets impatient, he starts to bark. I'm glad that the make training treats now. He really like chicken so the treats are very small, chicken and about 3 calories each. He's doing better when I walk him; He just gets so excited when he sees a person or a another dog. And he's a lot stronger then he looks and starts jumping. I'm sure he would be good at agility training.

Anyways, I should go and Happy Easter everyone. flower
shrivelfig

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 35 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum