Project Phoenix Fire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hog's Head

+8
muggleborn
Admin
missypotter
MJS
Maxecat
Magical Music Dreamer
Always
Hecate3fold
12 posters

Page 19 of 35 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27 ... 35  Next

Go down

Hog's Head - Page 19 Empty Re: Hog's Head

Post  Always Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:01 am

Hog's Head - Page 19 Pub-Glasgow-DailyMailTimmyOMahony
Unidentified pub in Glasgow, Scotland. Photo by Timmy O'Mahony/Daily Mail.

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have a bowl of oatmeal with cinnamon and butter, plus a tall mug of coffee, please.

Hecate... Cute picture of Dobby. You got him to pose just right!

Here's to a healthy, healing, enjoyable day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:25 pm

Mmmm, I'll take a plate of cinnamon toast, with my cocoa please.

I was up too late last night, and changed plans with my friend, going to Everett and Bellevue next Tuesday, when I can sleep in the next morning. I won't be home till after 10:00, we just gab so much, and the drive/traffic. Nothing like LA, but a good 100 miles takes a bit. You all know I get up early on work days. Glad she was ok with it.

I like to learn about different cultures too, MMD, Japan is fascinating! I love thier art, the clothing (kimonos), and their architecture. I have a stack of movies I'm working through, but I follow so many shows, not a lot of time to watch the movies. That is why I was up so late - was going to watch one movie, then realized 2 others I had were supposed to come before it? So, pop in a whole different movie, watch the behind the scenes, then the movie, and whoops! It's 2 am! Good movie.

Medical update - the first man I asked for prayers is doing better, almost ready to go home! Nothing specific about the others yet. Thank you for adding them to your prayers!

But now I'm off to swim, to take stuff back to storage, and do laundry. Have a wonderful day!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:37 pm

I love fairy pictures. And that chocolate cake. ..oh my! Maybe a bite?

Hecate , I remember those vintage Christmas images very well. When I had friends' children over for cookie decorating I'd use the old Polaroid to get a their faces and we 'd make gingerbread people that look like them. That was fun. There's something special about vintage images that make Christmas special for me...Valentine's Day,as well. Like permission to be sentimental and elaborate.

It's not as picturesque as a Glasgow pub,but my space heater is glowing near my feet,so I'm content. A little sleepy.
Working tonight for another girl. Tomorrow, too. My $ 36 pay from last week won't go far and there are seed/plant catalogs tempting me.

Will check in later to see what's happening.

Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:08 pm

It was almost balmy here, 46°! No jacket today! Sunshine, and gentle breeze - Spring is arriving soon!

So tired. Got my chores done, will have the second half of my taco salad for dinner. Have a good shift tonight, Maxie.

Hugs all around!
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:56 am

Ah, forgot to tell you, the rodent issue has been cleared out, for now. My neighbor checked the trap under the building, and had a large Norwegian rat! No small mouse, like I thought! It was big. They are colored more like a hamster, white belly with golden brown back, small tail. So glad that one it gone! When I am more flexible, I will clean out under the sink & stop up the hole. I was able to clean up the mess it had made, kept chewing on the edges of my plastic garbage bag, and the Brillo pads. Odd. I was just short of getting poison, but hate the smell.

Pool time was great - have to work my stamina back up. Flexibility is improving! I have to get more active - I sit too much at work, and admit I sit too much at home, watching TV, when I should be crafting.

A hot cocoa for good sleep, please, Winky? Thank you, dear. Ah, cozy by the fireplace, light blanket, and a good book. Perfect.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:25 am

Good evening everyone,

Didn't know you had critter problems again Karentia. Hope this puts an end to it for you. Since Laurene has been gone from her AT&T job where she sat all of the time she has lost close to sixty pounds and the problems that she was having with her back aren't near as severe as when she had to sit in front of that puter for her whole shift. Perhaps if you got a different/better chair at work you wouldn't have as much trouble with keeping your body aligned, like you have been?? Hope you are feeling better soon.

Tomorrow is Chinese New Years so Dobby has the makings for a party for us. To start there are some decorations up around the room.

Hog's Head - Page 19 Lanter10

Hog's Head - Page 19 Lanter11

Hog's Head - Page 19 Lanter12

Hog's Head - Page 19 Decora13

Our menu starts with a salad of kelp and lily bulbs......................
Hog's Head - Page 19 Salad_10

Then we have a variety of soup with special things to add to it.......................
Hog's Head - Page 19 Soup12

For entrees we have an assortment of seafoods and meats...................
Hog's Head - Page 19 Assort10

Hog's Head - Page 19 Lobste10

Plus an array of side dishes.............................
Hog's Head - Page 19 Assort11

Hog's Head - Page 19 Eggrol10

Hog's Head - Page 19 Dumpli10

And desserts galore...................................!!!
Hog's Head - Page 19 Desser10

Hog's Head - Page 19 Desser11

Hog's Head - Page 19 Cookie43

Those cookies look so delicious! Here's to a fantastic Chinese New Years for everyone!!!!

Hog's Head - Page 19 Rooste10

Hog's Head - Page 19 Rooste11

Blessings for the beginning of a bright New Year!!! Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:42 am

Hog's Head - Page 19 TheOnslowArms-WestClandon-Surrey-GetSurrey
The Onslow Arms, West Clandon, Surrey, UK. Photo by Get Surrey.

Good morning, and a Happy Chinese New Year's Eve. Love the special buffet the House Elves have set up to celebrate. All the food looks great! I think I'll put together a sampling to go with a cup of hot green tea.

Here's to a healthy, healing, pleasant day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:23 am

Guess I had lost track of time...Chinese New Year. ...ok!

And what a spread...Fantastic. ..I see a lot of favorites. Thanks to Hecate and Dobby. I see Winky's opted for a pretty red dress. Using a fan as a hat is an interesting touch.

You made the rat seem rather attractive,if that's possible, Karentia . We kept rodents out of the flea market by sprinkling dried mint leaves around. The storage half of the building had been the feed store when the place had been a farm supply shop...and years after the building had been empty rats and mice still came hoping for a snack. Larry has a horror of rats...and it wouldn't have been nice having critters running around the kitchen area.
The mint seemed to work for us. Good luck.

Woke to snow flurries but they've stopped. Very strange weather.

I'm trying to get back to the gym, but sharing the car makes it difficult. Karentia, like you, I'm sitting way too much. Waiting now for my turn so I can refill my prescription and run to the grocery.
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:38 pm

Good evening ladies,

I'm here after long time, I know. I would like to write you what most of you know from Facebook - our beloved Cecilka passed away on Wednesday. It's hard time for me and Zed. I think all of you know how I feel. I wanted to thank you for all your sympahty and nice comments.She was so wonderful, peaceful and faithful dog.

I hope you are all well. Weather here is normal winter in middle Europe. I'm quite tired of snow and freeze. My mother is in Thailadn for holiday. I dream about hot wet weather she has got now.....

I'm sending you a big hug and kiss.

Your Lady
Lady
Lady
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:27 pm

Afternoon all

Lady you do indeed have my sympathies, I know she was loved and will be missed greatly, hugs dear! In your card you said you were still trying to sell your restaurant, have you had any offers? Hope you have a wonderful week, post more often we miss you !

Hecate what a spread hope we can keep the Chinese food coming for several days , I love the stuff, thanks for all the great Picts, hugs dear!

Always those lovely fires keep the coming, have a super week, hugs dear!

Karentia too bad I can't send you Jessie's cat he is great with critters of the mouse and rat persuasion, very effective, hope the one they caught is all, hope you get back to snuff soon, hugs dear!

Maxie I'm with Larry, they rank very low on my animal appreciation scale as well, they are messy, dirty and in jeneral unwanted, I'm glad I have a cat that is very fond of them, saves me having to deal with them, stay warm it has been cold and yucky here as well, can I say I'm ready for spring NOW! Hugs dear!

MMD hope you are feeling better every day, no fun having prescribed illnesses take care, stay safe and warm, hugs dear!

Hello to whom ever might drop by!

Dobby I would love to wander the buffet, yummmm! Alberforth a huge mug of tea please, perfect, thank you both!

Fire and conversation, have a great day all!
samtibbs123
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  shrivelfig Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:49 pm

Wow! That's a great spread for Chinese New Year. It all looks so delicious.

My sister finally went to the doctor this week. Turns out she has a bacterial infection and probably two different skin infections. So she got an anti-biotic which is working and a recommendation to see a dermatologist. Now my brother-in-law has caught it. The y called the doctor who called in some meds for him including the anti-biotic. We'll need to pick those up later tonight. I'm fine and shouldn't catch it since I have a healthy immune system.

It's my brother-in-law's birthday tomorrow. We were supposed to go to his parent's house and his mom would make clam chowder. His mom is now asking if we could come over on Sunday. Hopefully, they will feel good enough to go or we'll have to delay it.

My mom is on her annual beach trip with a bunch of women from church. She always gets so nervous that no one will ride with her or that the other women don't like her. She's going to take us out for my BiL's birthday dinner when she gets back and she gets back on Tuesday. We're watching her animals for her again. So we have her two dogs and two kittens with us while she's gone and we already have two dogs and three cats. Luckily, everyone gets along.

The president of the autism support group I go to has asked me to be a delegate on the state board. They want more people on the spectrum to participate on the board's. They have meetings four times a year. I haven't decided about it yet. Need some more info about the meetings.

Did you see that scientists have discovered and new species of crab that they have named Harryplax Severus? Me thinks they might be HP fans. Laughing
shrivelfig
shrivelfig

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:15 pm

Happy Chinese New Year! Thanks for the buffet! Beautiful! I will be nibbling for a while...

Yes, the Norwegian is a cute rat, pretty, almost. I do have a fondness for pets of the rodent persuasion, but not wild ones. I have been spraying peppermint oil on everything under the sink, didn't think of using dried leaves - I still have some i can drop in tonight.

Hecate, this is pretty much a sit down job, but we did get new standing desks last year. The trick is you actually have to stand up, and adjust the desk height with a button. Easy! Think I do it? Nope! Laughing Habits take time to build. Two trips to the pool this week was a great start. Still sore, but not horrible, just noticeable.

Lada, loads of hugs to you. So close after Dor, too. I hope the perfect buyer comes to you!

Shrivlefig, that is quite an honor to be asked to be on a committee! But also understand that can be overwhelming. Take care.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:49 pm

oh dear, Mary Tyler Moore and today John Hurt?

Ominous start to a new year....

Two lovely performers. I first saw John Hurt in I,Claudius and he was brilliant.
i know both boith had endured health problems but it's still sad.

I think becoming a delegate is fantastic,shrivlfig...He must have great confidence in you.  Please let us know what happens.  
Where is your mom traveling? After they retired, my parents traveled all over with a group they met in their retirement village.

i say visit wherever you can as long as you can.

i've left a message for Lady at the Memorial thread. i hated to hear of Celicka's passing. I guess when we hear of friends losing a pet, we start to relive our own losses.

How are the boys taking it? Poor kids they've see two dogs cross over.

i have nargles attacking my Samsung tablet....the charging light is on, but the battery indicator isn't increasing. Anyone have experience with this?  

technology... Twisted Evil

Our snow flurries amounted to nothing but it's very cold. less than 60 days til Spring,though...

better get some dinner ready for Larry...

love to all
Maxecat
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:43 am

Maxie, 1) make sure you shut it off, then back on, every few days. 2) double check both ends of the charger are properly plugged in. Amazing how many times it is as simple as that. Good luck.

Sleep well, friends.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:53 am

Hog's Head - Page 19 Bitmoj17

Fabulous celebratory spread Hecate. Looks wonderful !

Happy Chinese New Year !!!
Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:07 am

Good evening all,

Just a quick fly through to let you all know I'm ok. Sorry to hear about your loss Lady, we miss you please stop by more often.

Blessings for a peaceful nights sleep! Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:51 am

Hog's Head - Page 19 TheGun-EastLondon-HotDinners
The Gun, East London, UK. Photo by Hot Dinners.

Good morning and Happy Chinese New Year! The buffet looks great. Time for a tasty breakfast.

Here's to a healthy, cozy day...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:35 pm

Happy New Year! Will keep munching on the beautiful spread!

Long day. Feet up by the fireplace is a wonderful spot.

Just saw the weather report for us for the week - cold air is coming back - supposed to be back down to 20's by Tuesday night. *brrrrrr*
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:05 am

Good evening everyone,

Toasty toes with your feet up in front of the fireplace Karentia, as Elmer Fudd would say........'W-est and we-laxation, ahhh!' Enjoy it! The one thing that I have noticed about most all of these fireplace scenes is that all of the chairs and sofas are done in leather. I can only remember one that had a fabric for the seat and chair back but the arms were done in leather. Must be a Brit thing.

Winky has set out some different types of dishes for the rest of the weekend, so enjoy ladies....................

Hog's Head - Page 19 Assort12

BBQ pork
Hog's Head - Page 19 Bbq_po10

crab rangoon
Hog's Head - Page 19 Crab_r10

We have more desserts too......Chocolate kumquat spring rolls
Hog's Head - Page 19 Chocol11

pineapple cookie rolls............
Hog's Head - Page 19 Cookie20

and two other types of cookies...................
Hog's Head - Page 19 Cookie44

Hog's Head - Page 19 Cookie45

And here is some sake, if anyone would like to indulge..................
Hog's Head - Page 19 Sake_210

Hog's Head - Page 19 Rooste12

Hog's Head - Page 19 Rooste13

Hog's Head - Page 19 Rooste14

Hog's Head - Page 19 Rooste15

Just a reminder, the Screen Actors Guild Awards are on Sunday night on TNT and TBS.......Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!

Blessings for a night of high fashioned mingling! Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:27 am

Hog's Head - Page 19 ThePheasant-Neenton-Shropshire-InnPlaces
The Pheasant, Neenton,Shropshire, UK. Photo by Inn Places.

Good morning. Time for a cup of hot green tea, and a couple of almond cookies from the buffet. Time for a sit by the fire.

Here's to a healthy, healing day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:33 pm

Hi. The News is certainly depressing. Wish the Government had more compassion. I can't watch too much. I can add my prayers. I am not healthy enough to go and protest.
      On to more cheerful topics. The Chinese New Year lasts for two weeks starting on the New Moon and ending with the Full Moon and festival of The Lanterns.
 On that note MMD has some pork fried rice and Walnut Shrimp.
Magical Music Dreamer
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:12 pm

Almond chicken and pork fried rice for me, please!

Ungh. Migraine hit hard while I was at work - barometer is dropping fast - going from the 'warm' and dry, to cold and wet. Had Excedrin with me, but just didn't kick in. Home with drive thru taco salad and more meds, feeling better. Hope it doesn't stick around, want to go to work tomorrow.

Enjoy the awards show, Hecate! I know how much you love them! I am going to try to finish my movie.
Karentia
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Always Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:20 am

Hog's Head - Page 19 Bushmills-Inn-Bushmills-Ireland-discovernorthernireland
Bushmills Inn, Bushmills, Ireland. Photo by Discover Northern Ireland.

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have some wheat toast with Irish butter and marmalade, a couple of bacon strips, and a tall mug of coffee, please.

Have a deskful of partially done things to do and am attempting to stir up motivation to do them. Rolling Eyes Challenging when most of them involve paperwork to which I have a high resistance! Did so much of that throughout my work years that having to do it in retirement is like running through mud for me. tongue Oh well. It will all get done... eventually...

:hug: Here's to a healthy, healing, cozy day for all...
Always
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:51 pm

Good evening laides,

wanted to thank you for all your sympathy. It means a lot. We are doing well. Cecilka is missig but we all know it had to be done...

It's so cold outside. Nothing abnormal but we had a couple of mild winters last years so it's quite surprise to have one with freezing and snow. I wish spring is here soon but will have to wait till April as the rest of the world Very Happy

Karentia sorry for your migraine. I hope your meds will take it away soon.

Someone asked about restaurant - Samtibbs I think - no news here. It's not good time to sell restaurant as law conditions chaged a lot in the end of the last year. Now people are waitng how the business will be going. But still I hope to sell it soon. Year ago I started to work for our local car company. As agency emloyer. Now I got in and I'm on pernament contract with the company. I'm very happy for that. I take it step by step. Will see what future brings with our restaurant...

Boys are both at school now and tomorrow they will get their "half a year" results. On Friday they have got holiday. I must be at work so they will be with Zed at restuarant. They love to help in the kitchen Very Happy Both plays soocer, Dan is playing floorball too. Oliver is attending chess and drawing course.

Dobby, can you bring me some ginger tea with honey and lemon and some pancakes with cinnamon and maple sirup please. I'll sit by the fireplace and read some witch magazines.
Lady
Lady
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:31 am

Good evening all,

I never made it here last night, by the time the limo got me home from the awards I was so tired I went right to bed.  There were a lot of comments made about America being a country of immigrants, but the one that stuck out in my mind was from someone who won an award for his portrayal of Lyndon Johnson in a movie.  He said he was asked several times what LBJ would say if he were to meet the new president and he said that he would probably shake his hand, give him a hug and whisper in his ear......" Just don't pi$$ in the soup that everybody's got to eat".  That really tickled me and summed up what everybody was saying throughout the awards show.  There was a special award given to Lily Tomlin for all of her work over the years and her activities with special interest groups.  They had a short film of her in her different rolls over the years, got to see Ernestine the telephone operator......'one ringy dingy', and when she played to little girl sitting in the big rocking chair. Brought back good memories. It was a very pleasant evening, I had a good time. Then tonight I watched the Fashion Police on the E! channel. Always like to listen to what they have to say.  The one dress that I thought was so beautiful beyond all of the others was worn by Guiliana Rancic, she was the interviewer  on the pre show and part of the fashion police group with Melissa Rivers.  The dress was amazing, the pearls that were across the front weren't stitched down and the strings moved when she did.....................

Hog's Head - Page 19 2017_s10

The only drawback to wearing a dress like that is you have to have a body like hers to go with it. Actually if I were to wear it I would have a fuller skirt all draped with the rows of pearls, that would help to hide all of the bumps and bulges.  A skirt sort of like this one..........

Hog's Head - Page 19 2017_s11

This was another of the best dresses.

Oh, before I forget, later this afternoon I heard someone come running up the stairs and Dawn comes popping in the door!.  She is still at the Berwyn office but now in training for the clerk position. She said that she has been taking classes for the past several days, about what is legal to mail and what isn't, package sizes and things like that.  Plus there is a good chance that she may stay at this office instead of being transferred to the other one.  Sorry to say but one of my old deliverers, Evelyn, is now bed ridden with final stages of cancer.  I remember her from when I first moved back here, so Dawn may be her replacement. She couldn't stay long but it was so good to see her, even for a short time.

Dobby, please bring me a plate of food, starting with some egg rolls, pot stickers, bbq pork, and crab rangoon, and then something with duck in it and batter dipped shrimp. For dessert I'd like an assortment of all of the sweet things And a nice cup of jasmine tea.............

Hog's Head - Page 19 Tea_ja11

Hope your headache is doing better Karentia.

Blessings for a refreshing night's sleep for everyone!  Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 35 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27 ... 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum