Greatheart's Den

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Greatheart's Den

Post  Greatheart on Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:33 pm

Grand Re-opening

Greatheart's One-shot Shop has moved to a new location, with a new name. Just down the left on Clockturn Alley.

Welcome! There are assorted cold drinks in the fridge, cookies in the cupboard, and as before, approach the cat s-l-o-w-l-y. He's still a grouch ;-)
Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

"Talk To The Hat"

Post  Greatheart on Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:35 pm

- A short-short that was just fun to write. -

"Talk To The Hat"

Professor McGonagal set the sorting hat atop an unruly mop of hair, then stepped back.

"Hmm, interesting," the Hat muttered. " She wants to be in Ravenclaw."

"Yes; Ravenclaw, I read in history of Hogwarts..."

"Young lady, I've been here for most of the 'history of Hogwarts.' No need to lecture ME."

"Sorry, I just thought...

"Clearly, a thinker. But Ravenclaw? I'm not so sure."

"But why not?"

"Ravenclaws are more than book smart. 'Wit beyond measure'. Not cunning like Slytherins, but intuition, puzzle solving. You're more of a scholar. I don't know..."

"But I study hard, and I read all the time."

"I see that. Again, book knowledge and wisdom are not the same. Hmm. You have courage.
Not many dare argue with me, although that Potter boy did. Hmm. He'll never be a scholar, but he'll need some brave friends, if what I think the future holds comes to pass."

"Yes, yes, I met him on the train. Him and his dim friend Ronald. "

"Don't be so quick to dismiss those two. Potter may have a destiny, and the Weasley boy belongs in Griffindor; his family have always been stalwarts. There's another one who'll need a smart friend. I think..."

"GRIFFINDOR!" resounded through the Hall. The Hat had spoken.
Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Re: Greatheart's Den

Post  Karentia on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:42 am

Nice start in your new digs, sir! Thanks for the welcome mat - hope you don't mind my bringing a mouse for the cat - thought he might like a treat. Oh, not a real mouse! Magic mouse toy. Won't chew the books, or leave a mess - cat will have fun pouncing over & over.

Enjoyed your first short too, was curious what went on for that conversation!

Welcome home!
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:45 am

Welcome... you're off to an excellent start!
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Greatheart on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:35 pm

Thanks for the kind words. That story appeared in HPANA, one of the last ones I submitted there before the forum vanished. Will probably re-post a lot of 'oldies' until I write something new.
Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Christmas goose

Post  Greatheart on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:44 pm

Molly Gets Goosed
-------------------------

"Won't Mum be surprised? Look at the size of this goose! I've never seen one so big."

"Yeah, and after all the time shopping, here we go and get the best one ever!"

As the twins walked through the back door into the crooked old house, Molly Weasley gasped. "Where did you get that?"

"Hi, Mum" replied George. "Fred and i decided to" "…Bring home the Christmas goose this year," finished Fred.

"I see that," replied their mother. "But where did you get it?"

"Well, umm…" Fred stammered. "We, unhhh…" George chimed in. "We went hunting!" Fred blurted out.

"Hunting? You two went hunting? With what? We don't own a gun, do we? Or has your father snuck one home from work? So help me, I'll…"

"No!" both twins exclaimed. "We used a spell!"

"A spell? Surely not the Av.." Molly's voice trailed off as she turned pale.

"No, Mum, nothing…" "…unpardonable!"

"Then how…"

"We charmed him!" "We used a leg tangling jinx, only"…" "…Fred here changed it into a wing tangler!" "Yeah, he couldn't fly, and we just…" "…walked up and petrified him."

"Petrified? so he's not…"

"Dead? No, we didn't quite…" "…know how to finish him off, so…" "…we just brought him home."

Molly stood quiet for a second and then, to the amazement of both boys, started to laugh. She took the goose outside and with a quick flick of her wand, revived the bird. Still chuckling, she shooed the confused goose away. Then, after watching the bird fly off, she walked back inside. Still chuckling, she hugged both boys and said, "Thank you, dears, but your father just sent word me that he's bringing home a huge goose. And i'm not asking!"
Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

The Negotiation

Post  Greatheart on Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:34 pm

The Negotiation

Griphook was in a bad mood. That was nothing new. He'd been in a bad mood for a solid year now. Hunted, on the run, nearly killed. And then he thought he was saved. Not just saved, but a hero. He'd recovered an extraordinary item for the goblins, one those dratted wizards had stolen centuries ago. His fellow goblins had been ecstatic; they'd fooled the wizards and regained one of the most beautiful and powerful pieces of goblin-crafted weaponry ever made.

And it had vanished again! The cursed thing had simply disappeared from Vault 7, the most secure spot in the dungeons below Gringotts' bank. Griphook, who had been hailed as a hero, was immediately demoted, from his new post as Second Assistant Chief Clerk, to a position without a title at all. He was addressed as 'Hey You', usually before being assigned some menial task. Recounting a small pile of coins for the fifth time. Hand copying a boring loan agreement. It was boring, even for someone who grew up in the dry, dusty world of banking. Even his father, who had never risen above Third Associate Clerk, would have been disappointed.

So he sat at the far end of the main aisle of the bank, in a small teller's window closest to the office of the Chief Clerk himself, and handled the smallest transactions. Always under the watchful, glaring eyes of the Chief and his assistant.

So as he grumbled to himself and counted the small coins of a small deposit, he slowly became aware of a commotion. Not a loud disturbance, just a tide of elevated whispering, the surf of soft voices raised ever so slightly, rippling down the corridor. He looked up and saw a young wizard heading down the aisle. He grunted a soft curse and returned to his counting. Who cared about some danged wizard. Lousy humans, lousy bookkeepers and dishonest as the day is long....

Then he started. It couldn't be. He peered at the young man approaching his station. Dark, unkempt hair, round glasses, skinny, carrying a long parcel. And that scar, a lightning zig-zag on his forehead. How DARE he come here? Hero of no hero, he was a thief! Harry Potter, who had only recently vanquished He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named a scarce two months ago. And that after stealing the goblin-made sword. And trying to cheat Griphook himself out of it! After promising to give it back! Liar! Thief! Filthy no good stinking...

"Harry Potter! Good to see you, Mister Potter." Griphook was startled to hear the voice of the Chief Clerk behind him. The Chief was coming through his office door, his assistant close behind. "To what do we owe this honor?"

Griphook was aghast. The CC knew what had transpired with the sword. Griphook had repeated the story many times, after he returned the sword in triumph. How the wizard had promised the sword, then tried to steal it again. Every goblin at Gringotts' had heard the story a dozen times over, and still they hadn't tired of it. And then the filthy wizards had magicked it out of the vault. The dirty low-down...
The wizard spoke. "Actually, sir, I came to negotiate a rent agreement."

The Chief held out his hand. "Delighted, young man. Anything for the hero who defeated You-Know-Who. Step into my office."

"No, sir; my business is with this clerk, Master Griphook."

Griphook, who had been peering at the goings on, almost fell out of his high chair.

"Griphook?" the CC asked. "Oh no, Mister Potter, a distinguished customer like yourself deserves the full attention of the bank and myself, the Chief Clerk."

"Sorry, sir, my business is with Griphook. But may we use your office?"

The Chief Clerk looked like he had swallowed a glass of toad spawn and swamp mud. He recovered his smile and said, "Of course. Griphook! Get over here! See to Mister Potter's needs. Use my office."

Griphook was picking himself up, and grumbling as he led the way into the CC's corner office. He seated himself at the Chief's desk, not bothering to offer the wizard a chair. Harry pulled one up anyway, sat down, and said, "Good morning, Griphook."

Griphook choked back the angry reply on his lips, aware of the Chief Clerk standing right outside the door, ears flapping. "Umm, er, morning. How can Gringotts serve you?"

Harry opened the package. Without a word, he handed the Sword of Griffindor to the goblin. Griphook was astonished. He looked closely. Yes, real, not the fake that had played a small part in recent events. And the darned wizard had the effrontery, the sheer gall to bring it here!

Finally Harry spoke. "This belongs to you. And I'm returning it, as I said I would. And I am authorized to negotiate for its' rent, on behalf of Hogwarts School."

Griphook could not believe his pointy ears. "You're returning it? Is this some kind of trick? You stole it before! What makes you think I trust you not to steal it again? And how in the name of Merlin did you get it out of our vault?!!"

Griphook could see the Chief Clerk standing in the door, peering in, alarmed at the rising pitch of his voice. But it didn't matter. He had the sword in his hand, and no damned wizard would ever steal it again! He'd see to that! "How dare you! This is ours, by right! "

Harry sighed. "I agree. Our notions of property are different, but I promised. And I tried to cheat you. I was desperate. But that doesn't excuse my actions."

Griphook took a deep breath. And another. He could scarcely believe what he heard. Was the wizard apologizing? He looked at Harry, shrewdly. The boy, (no, in spite of his youth, he was not a boy anymore,) looked genuinely unhappy. But was that just because he was losing a treasure, a beautiful work of art?

"So, you're returning it. Just like that. No price, no strings attached? Out of sheer wizardly goodness? Pardon me for saying so, but I don't believe you. Or trust you."

Harry said softly, "I don't blame you," and stared at the floor.

"Well, what do you want? Surely you want something in return."

"As I told your boss, I want to lease the sword."

Griphook burst out laughing. He laughed for a good thirty seconds, tears forming at the corners of his eyes. "That's rich! As if we would ever let this sword out of here again!"

"No, you wouldn't. But I still want to lease it."

Griphook looked past Harry, to see his boss choking back a guffaw. Might as well play this for all the laughs he could. "Okay, Potter, and what terms do you offer?"

"First, the truth. We didn't steal the sword from your vault. It came to us. it was placed under a popwerful enchantment, by Godric Griffindor himself, so it would always come to a wizard of his house in times of desperate need. You've seen for your self, your best security can't stop it from coming to the wizard who needs it. You'll have to live with that knowledge."

Griphook stopped smiling. Was this true? It explained a lot. He glanced at the Chief, who was no longer smiling either. "Go on."

Harry Potter looked straight at him. "Second, Gringotts will have posession of the sword at all times, except when it is summoned in an hour of great need."

"So, you offer us what is ours. How does that profit us, especially when you promise to steal it whenever you like?"

Harry looked pained. "I promise never to steal it. Only that it will only be summoned in case of desperate emergencies. Did you know I killed a basilisk with it? One that threatened to destroy Hogwarts? A pretty serious threat. And it came to Neville Longbottom in the last battle, when he desperately needed to kill a part of Voldemort! We don't use it to carve our Christmas goose, for heaven's sake!"

Griphook looked thoughtful. He turned the sword over in his small but strong hands. waved it a bit, closing his eyes and trying to picture himself battling a basilisk. Brrrr! And as for He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, no, he closed that thought off right away.
It was a weapon for heroes, no doubt. A tribute to the art and power of the goblins who had made it, surely.

"I said it once before, Potter, you are an unusual wizard. But what could you offer me that might interest me in this deal?"

Harry looked at him. "I can only offer one thing. Not gold, surely there isn't enough in the world."

"So, what, then?"

"My voice."

"Your voice? Is this a joke?"

"No. My voice, in all the Councils of the wizarding world, to speak on behalf of the goblins. For equal rights. For peace between us. And for the right of goblins to carry a wand. "

There was a thud outside the door. The Chief Clerk had fainted.

Silently, Griphook rose and shook Harry's hand.

Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:16 pm

cheers knocked that out of the ballpark! Thank you for sharing, Greatheart! Cool.
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:23 pm

*Applause* Very nice! thumbs up
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Thanks

Post  Greatheart on Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:45 am

Than k you. I wrote that shortly after DH was released, seemed like a 'loose end' that I needed to tidy up. Yeah, compulsive! ;-)
Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:20 am

Hello,Greatheart. I'm sorry I didn't find your thread sooner..thank you for sharing your stories with us.
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

"Lost and Found"

Post  Greatheart on Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:59 pm

"Lost and Found"

"We have a problem, Sir Alfred."

The man sitting at the large desk looked up. His chief assistant, a small elderly wizard named Wolcott, stood before him, nervously shifting from foot to foot. Sir Alfred Preston, Head of Magical Archives, sighed.

"What is it, Wolcott?"

"It's Mrs. Weasley, sir. She's been doing nothing but poring over a manuscript from the Forbidden Library."

Sir Alfred sighed again. "Which one? Surely not something dark and criminal? She's never showed any bent towards that direction, has she?"

"No sir; it's The Play, sir."

"Oh, no, Merlin take it all, not The Play."

"Yes, sir, I'm sorry sir, but she came across it while doing research and now she's taken by it."

Sir Alfred stared at his desk for a short while. Then he looked at Wolcott. "Okay, I'll speak to her."

When his assistant had left, he poured himself a short glass of fire whiskey from a decanter over the fireplace. He downed it quickly and then made his way up to the third floor of the Ministry of Magic. At a door labeled "Historical Magical Research" he hesitated, sighed once more, and entered. Only one of the several desks was still occupied at this late hour. He approached the young woman sitting there, deeply engrossed in a large manuscript.

"Mrs. Weasley? Hermione?"

"What? Oh! Sorry, sir, I didn't hear you come in!"

"I expect not. Found The Play, did you?"

"Y-yes, sir. How did you know?"

"Mrs. Weasley, you haven't left your desk in two days. These things draw attention."

"Two days?" Hermione looked at the clock. "But it's only 7:45, sir."

"Yes, 7:45 PM on Thursday."

"Thursday? That can't be, I've simply been reading..."

"The Play, I know. Did you think you were the first one to find that particular manuscript?"

"Well, umm, sir, I don't understand, why is this here? And not published, I mean. That is, it's the most extraordinary thing, and surely it should rank among..."

"Among the Great Works?" Sir Alfred asked with a slight smile. "Tell me, Hermione, what do you think of it? I mean the plot device, the way the characters are brought together?"

"Well, sir, it's ingenious. I mean, the use of the Erternitus charm and the way the two lovers find their way back together with the... wait a minute, those are real spells, aren't they?" But how..."

"How did the author know? Think about it. Very little is known to the muggles about him. And this in spite of thousands of books and articles beyond count about his work, his life, or what little they know. Tons of speculation. This very manuscript is unknown except for a few references, and muggle scholars have concluded that it was an alternate title for another work. If only they knew."

"Knew what, sir? Unless...No, surely not, he couldn't have been..."

"A wizard? Yes indeed, Hermione. And a darned fine one. He arrived late at Hogwarts, and didn't stay long, but he had a way with charms, especially. But he's been so much in the public eye for so long that his abilities are seldom mentioned. Too much chance of a security breach, what with so many muggles studying him, even after 400 plus years. And in this play, he defied wizarding convention and law, and risked exposing our whole world. So as punishment all copies but one were destroyed, and he was severly punished. Even earned a short stay in Azkaban. Although there is a hint of that in another play, no further action was taken. But this play must never be seen, never be performed. That was his real punishment."

"But it's so good! I've read it over and over and... Oh, I see. It's magical, almost addictive, isn't it?"

"Yes. Dangerous. Not dark magic, but so tempting as to make the rest of life seem pale by comparison. Such was his power with words."

Sir Alfred sighed again, with just touch of sadness. "Put it away, Hermione. Be happy you've read it, be happy knowing it exists. But put it away, for your own peace of mind. And the next time you read of some Shakespeare scholar speculating on the lost plays, remember it and smile. Only a handful of us, 'we few, we happy few', have ever read "Love's Labour's Won."

Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:20 am

Very interesting - like the way you hint at who, and the turn that he was a wizard! Nice! Thank you for sharing!
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Greatheart on Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:39 am

Thanks. I wrote that after reading a short bio of the Bard. He really is a mystery, very litte is actually known about his life. A lot of conjecture, so I added a little more ;-)
Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:38 am

Well, since Doctor Who once brought a touch of JKR into Shakespeare, it's only fair play that you've brought Shakespeare into the world of JKR! Cleverly done!
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Unsettled Weather

Post  Greatheart on Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:37 am

Unsettled Weather

“April is the cruelest month, breeding lilacs out of the dead land, mixing memory and desire, stirring dull roots with spring rain.” T.S. Eliot

Professor Snape walked calmly across the green lawn between the lake and the school. It was a marginally pleasant April morning, the pale sunlight giving warmth, but warmth tempered now and again by a chill breeze. Clouds scudding across the northern sky threatened showers later. His dark cloak fluttered about him as he made his way. Approaching the tower door, he spied a couple of young Hufflepuff students coming out. They shied away from him, muttering. Ignoring them, he ascended the stairs to the owlery. A dark, almost black owl flew down from the a high perch to land beside him.

"Good morning, Hermes," he said, attaching a scrolled note to the bird's leg. "You know where to deliver this." He watched as the owl flew off into the cool light.

Turning, he descended the tower and made his way to the Potions classroom. Ravenclaw fourth year students this morning. A bunch of diligent students, but lacking any sense of originality. He sighed. They generally knew their material, so he didn't have to bother with tedious explanations. Not like those Hufflepuff dolts...no, best not think in those terms. One must treat all students equally, Severus. How many times had he heard Dumbledore say that? Too many.

It could be worse, yesterday he'd had the Griffindor third-years, and that insufferable young Granger girl had raised her hand to answer twenty-two times. He was bored to tears with her rote recital of answers straight from the book. It was worse than dealing with that insolent Potter or the vacant young Weasley boy she associated with. If only he'd been made Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, he might have arranged a little 'accident' for them...no, best put THAT thought away, too.

The class went smoothly, only a few students failed to turn in an acceptable potion, and nobody managed to make a dangerous mess of things. That afternoon was something else.

The third years from Slytherin, his own House, were not prepared. Even Draco, who generally grasped enough to complete an assignment, could not keep his usually cunning mind on today's class. After failing the entire class for the day and dismissing them, he held the Malfoy boy back as the rest trooped out.

"Draco. A word."

"Sir? Sorry about today's potion, Professor, my mind was elsewhere."

"Clearly."

Snape simply stared at him so long that Draco started to perspire. "Sir? Was there something else?"

"Yes. Your mother is worried about you. Your grades are not what she expects. She wrote to me about it and I have written back saying I will look into it."

"My mother? She wrote you? She hardly writes to me, sir. I mean, I didn't think my grades mattered to her."

"No, and no doubt you think they mean less than your your family's wealth and connections."

Again the professor stared long and hard at the boy. Finally he blinked and said, "Now listen closely. Not everyone is impressed by such things. Your enemies, for one. Me, for another. As your teacher and Head of Slytherin, your failings reflect poorly on me. And that risks my displeasure. Do I make myself clear, Mister?"

"Yes, sir, perfectly, sir."

"Bad enough you run around with Crabbe and Goyle, the two poorest students in your year. They will only ever achieve any position at all by way of family ties. You, Draco, are destined for more. Don't disappoint me. Don't disappoint us all. Now get out of here, and don't neglect your studies."

"No, sir," said Draco, hastening out the door.

Professor Snape turned and contemplated a small plant, only just reborn from winter dormancy, growing in a ceramic pot on his desk. 'Yes,' he thought, 'you're destined to be more than you even dream, Draco. And fulfilling that destiny, you might even learn something that the Dark Lord himself can not fathom, about the real power in this world. Love, Draco, although you would not believe it. Even your Mother, who loves you, can not see the power of it. Yet. Someday you may learn it. I hope you survive the lesson.'

He plucked a single leaf from the plant and put it in his mouth. 'As I have, barely.'

Chewing, he tasted only bitterness.
Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Greatheart on Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:41 am

Something darker than I usually write. Even after reading 'The Prince's Tale', Snape is still a bit of a mystery, no? I think Jo Rowling created one of the all-time great 'tragic heros' in Severus Snape.
Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:42 am

Greatheart as usual your stories add just a hint of the mystery to the story, love the image of Griphook's boss fainting, a story that makes you never want to put it down and a Draco with potential! Thanks for posting them we will keep reading with enthusiasm!!!
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

The Healing

Post  Greatheart on Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:56 am

Here's another oldie, post-DH. I just edited this for clarity a bit.
----------------

"The Healing"

It was mid-morning. Graduation would be that afternoon, yet Professor McGonagal had sent for Harry. He ascended the still-un-repaired staircase to the headmasters office and knocked.

"Come in, Potter. We don't have much time. Over here." She beckoned Harry to the fireplace and handed him a jar of floo powder.

"Follow me," she said. Then she jumped into the fireplace, said "10 Downing street" and cast her handful of powder. In a flash of green flame she vanished. Harry followed suit and found himself stepping into a large, quietly decorated office.

McGonagal was shaking hands with Kingsley Shacklebolt, the new Minister of Magic.

When he noticed Harry standing in the fireplace, he called out, "Hello, Harry, nice to see you again."

Harry stared a bit; he'd never seen Shacklebolt in a muggle-style dark suit. With a quiet tie, no less. Even when he'd been on bodyguard detail he'd stood out a bit. Now he looked like a very successful politician.

Shacklebolt stood beside another suited man, likewise dressed in a dark, well-tailored suit. "Harry, may I present the 'other' Prime Minister'. Sir, this is our young Mister Potter."

Professor McGonagal spoke up. "Come over here, Harry. We don't have much time. I hate to rush this, Minister..."

"Not at all, Professor, I understand, big day and all. Well. Harry, this just came over from the Palace, for you."

"Sir?"

"Special messenger, very hush-hush, but Her Majesty's Government is aware of what you accomplished recently. And most appreciative."

The muggle PM handed Harry a very official and impressive looking document, on heavy parchment, with gold seals on it.

At the top it read, "Harry Potter, for services rendered to The Sovereign and to his Country, is hereby named "Knight Grand Cross of The Royal Victorian Order.""

Shacklebolt spoke up again, "Oh, this goes with it" and handed Harry a large ornate medal in a case. The label said "Star of the Royal Victorian Order."

"Congratulations, Harry. Of course you'll have to keep this mum and all, but don't think your efforts have gone unnoticed. Quite the contrary."

Shacklebolt and the muggle PM shook Harry's hand, then Professor McGonagal did the same.

Then she asked, "Harry do you mind waiting in the corridor a moment, I need a moment with the Ministers."

"Sure."

Harry stepped out through a heavy door, which closed softly behind him. Still staring at the parchment and medal, he scarcely noticed the tall young man sitting on a nearby bench.

"Hello, you got it, I see. Aunty Anne insisted that I bring it, very secret, they don't usually ask me to do stuff this important. You must be Harry Potter."

"Er, yeah, that's right, and you're..."

"William. Today I'm the messenger, " he said, smiling broadly. "What do you think?"

"Er, well, it's swell, and all, but..."

"What's wrong, Harry?" The young man was clearly concerned.

"Well, a lot of people died in the battle, and it just seems so, I don't know, so hard to go on sometimes... I miss them."

"I understand. I've seen friends go off to battle too. Some didn't come back. it just stinks."

He put his hand on Harry's shoulder. "Well, we do have to soldier on. They gave their lives for us, and I think we owe it to them to live gladly, and honor their memory. You can do that, can't you, Harry?"

"Yeah, I think so. Thanks, William."

The heavy door opened behind him. The Minister stuck his head out. "Time to go, Harry. Sorry about the wait, William. I see you've met Mr. Potter. Excellent. Give me a moment to show my guests out, then we'll have a cup of tea."

He waved Harry into the room and said, "I'll be in touch, Minerva. We'll get that fixed as soon as possible. Well, Good day, Harry, Professor."

The two proceeded back to the headmasters office.

"Well, Potter, quite an honor, quite an honor."

"Yes, professor. Umm..."

"Yes, Harry, what is it? We're short on time here."

"Well, Professor, i just had the oddest experience. i was talking to William and my mood shifted completely. I never felt anything quite like it.

"What don't you understand, Mr. Potter?"

"Well, I was feeling rather badly, about the mess at Hogwarts, and all the people who died. But then William put his hand on my shoulder and I felt better, somehow. Like I'd been sick, but now I'm not."

Professor McGonagal studied him for a moment. "Let me remember, you didn't pay much attention in "History of Magic" and "Muggle Studies." Poor marks, as I recall. Perhaps your mind was elsewhere."

She sighed. "There are other forms of magic than what we practice here at Hogwarts, you know. The old magic of love and self-sacrifice that Voldemort disdained. You know about those. But I speak of something else. What did you say the young man's name was?"

"William", Harry replied, " Just William was all he said. But he seemed vaguely familiar."

Professor McGonagal smiled a bit. "Vaguely familiar, Potter? Hmph. I dare say he did. He didn't say where he lived, did he? And I suppose you've seen his face a time or two on that 'television' thing or in the muggle newspapers."

Harry's eyebrows lifted.

"William, son of Charles, grandson of Elizabeth. The hands of a king are the hands of a healer, mister Potter, and ever thus shall the rightful king be known. You should have remembered that. Now you'd better hurry, you've just time to change before the ceremony."

Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:03 am

Thanks for posting these tales. I'm enjoying them!
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:26 am

Shocked Ok Greatheart, you did it! You gave me chills with that one! Really enjoyed both of these - you have quite a touch! Thank you for sharing you stories and please, share when ever you like!
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:37 pm

Greatheart no question that was one of the best, I agree William, with the hands of a healer king, nice touch! I love it, thanks!
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Bequest

Post  Greatheart on Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:54 pm

(I just couldn't let this scene alone.)

Bequest

Oh damn I'm dying, I've lost, he killed me after all, I never thought of the wand and who was the master of it.

Missed that one, Severus. And all my work in vain, that stupid boy will lose now, it was all for nothing. But I'm not the master of the wand. Does it matter?

They've gone, damn it hurts, alone at the end. No. Voices. Him.

Of all the people I least want to see, no that's not true, he has her eyes. And there may be a chance.

Remember, all of it. Quick! Let it flow. Let it flow.

Oh Lily, damn it I'm sorry. Remember...

"Take it."

Does he understand? Yes, he has it, maybe it will help him see.

Stupid boy never understood, what love will do, what I've done, oh damn, I'm fading.

Lily! Just to see you once more. The eyes, yes. "Look at me!"

Yes, she's there, in him. Lily, it's all I had to give , I hope he understa...
Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:23 pm

Crying or Very sad Sad *wipes eyes* Well done.
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:00 am

Greatheart that says it all, well done sniff! thanks! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum